1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registration for California

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Looz nutz, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looz nutz

Looz nutz New Member

I have heard of people registering These little mighty trucks here in the imperial state of California. Does anyone know how this is done? I have heard that they register them as motorcycles, is that how is done? Any help would be apreciated.

Ed.:sly:

2. D'Animal

D'Animal Member

I have the same question so I'm interested in the answer you get.

3. zbadboy

zbadboy Member

I have one registered for road use and am in the process of making sure this was not a fluke or one time deal.

Jeff

4. Looz nutz

Looz nutz New Member

tittle

Well let us in in the little secret. We all are anxious to find out how you did it. Come on pretty please!!!:frustration:

5. Looz nutz

Looz nutz New Member

Well I found out from triple A that you are able to register the little trucks here in Cali for street use only. No higway use. The thing is that the truck has to be under 600cc's to be eligeble to be registered. You need to pay a 400 dollar transsaction fee to get the ball rolling but you need to insure the truck before the paperwork is finished. The truck will be registered as a motorcycle or quad to be exact. Now I have not tried to do this yet but I will give it a try and let you guys know how it goes. Now go register your trucks!!!:)

6. Looz nutz

Looz nutz New Member

Ok here is an update. I found out that if you have not registered the truck before that it is going to 58 dollars plus the 35 CHP fee. The engine sizie does not matter as long as is under 1300cc's and not the 600cc's that I previously mentioned. Onece you take to CHP thet will stamp new numbers on the truck. All of this info comes from a DMV ex-employee working for tripple A. So it is accurate. Thanks Ed

7. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

That sounds pretty simple.

I dont believe it....but it sounds good!

I have about 30 trucks that I am going to get street legal right after you get yours done.

Keep us updated!

Thanks!

8. boatbuilder

boatbuilder New Member

did it work

It would seem that it isn't as easy to register a mini in California, as some would think. has anyone been successful?:confused:

9. boosted mitsu

boosted mitsu Member

anyone get any info on registering in California?
    i've got about 6 here in socal. it would be nice if we can get them running around here.

10. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

Here is my post of my experience registering one for off road in CA.

"How to register a Japanese Kei for off-road use in California"

11. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

[​IMG]
    I'm one of the cool ones...
    [​IMG]
    Not only for offroad use anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.