1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar Headlight Replacement

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by SpikeFiend, May 4, 2012.

1. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Here's a quick guide I wrote up on how to replace the headlights on a '90-ish Sambar (Round Sealed Beam bulbs).

I used the Sylvania H6024XV bulbs. The XV means that instead of a 320 hour life you get an 850 hour life and 15% brighter (which still isn't all that bright). I found them at Canadian Tire for ~$18 each.

I was looking into HID projector H6024 bulbs but it was getting to be a bit of a pain to get exactly what I wanted. I might still go that way, but in the mean time I needed a new bulb...

Attached Files:

Drain likes this.
  2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

excellent write up ..well done..another "should be " sticky :)

3. Deanclean

Deanclean Member

SpikeFiend,
    Not sure if you will see this or not, but thanks for the post. A headlight in my Sambar burnt out yesterday and I wasn't sure of what replacement to get. Picked up a pair of H6024's this morning thanks to your post. Take it easy.
    Ryan

4. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Glad I could help!

5. CathS

CathS New Member

SpikeFiend
    Thanks too as I'm hoping this has fixed our little van light problem too!
    All the best,
    Catherine

6. Mike farrell

Mike farrell New Member

I used this sheet too. Thanks

Mike

7. Mulchman

Mulchman New Member

I have a 1990 sambar. The passenger side black plastic headlight housing is cracked. Where would I find the whole housing piece?

8. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

Since these are sealed beam lamps on this model, there isn't really anything I would call a "housing" on this design. Are you talking about the black trim ring on the outside, or the black wiring cover on the inside?

9. Mulchman

Mulchman New Member

Yes the Black trim

10. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

They are no longer made new, but I am sure a place like G&R Imports would have some in their junkyard.