1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinzgauer 6 x 6

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Timetripper, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I ran into a Swiss tourist who had his Pinzgauer 6x6 shipped over to Canada and started off
    in Halifax and is now touring Vancouver Island BC. Talk about a HD motor home that will go anywhere :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Subaru

Subaru Member

Very cool
    I wonder what the cost of getting that over here would be:rolleyes:

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol not much if you charge 5 bucks a person to take a look at it :p

4. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I snuck two pictures while he wasn't around :D

5. Samurai9

Samurai9 Member

I believe this is basically a military personnel carrier and would require quite some work to make it into a motor home or camper.

Sam

6. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I would say you are right as it did have a big back door like a APC would have, unfortunately I didn't get to see inside.

7. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol where is pic #2?

8. frostback

frostback Member

I seen this truck running around up here in Campbell River. The 6x6 hardtop Pinzgauer is a pretty rare truck. There is one 6x6 hardtop here in Campbell River that has been fully restored. I will have my 4x4 hardtop up for sale soon. I just had it torn down and resprayed swiss army green earlier this year and have been reassembling in my spare time. Mine is a 1973 710K with 72,000kms.

9. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

It was a little fuzzy - like my tongue is after a night on the town :D
    You know how great the built in cameras are on cell phones :(

10. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Expensive driving that. I had a 710M (soft-top) 4X4 for a couple of years. Very cold blooded air cooled engines. Runs great when the air is above 20 C, lousy when below. Only get 13-15mpg too. Very sure footed though. They can go places that would stick a Hummer!