1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State by State mini truck laws

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by OldMachinist, Oct 10, 2008.

1. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  2. gregw98

gregw98 Member

Funny how they left out Mississippi. I am titled, tagged and insured here and have driven on all highways and Interstates with no hassles or questions, other than, "What the hell is that thing?"

3. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

yea not too accurate. I've seen them registered in Michigan.

4. WVTrailseeker

WVTrailseeker New Member

WV State Laws

I read online last week that here in WV there are at least three Mini-Trucks licensed and insured for use by cities.
    In Huntington, there are two now in use by the city for the use of running errands, parking meters, things like that.
    Davis also has on that they have legal too, for the same purpose.
    My question is going to be to the DMV, if they are allowing them to legally use them why not me? I just want it legal for Farm use only which means in WV I can travel 25 miles in any direction from my home.
    I have no intention of traveling on any Interstate in my Suzuki, so I can't see a problem.
    Of course I am sure the DMV will not see it the same way, but, tomorrow I am going to try to have a title made and get it started becoming legal.
    I will update all here, as soon as I have some kind of information on my quest.:confused:
    I really don't see how they can refuse to licenses my Suzuki, since they have already legalized some here in the state, do you?

5. WVTrailseeker

WVTrailseeker New Member

WV and their legaiizing Mini's

:(
    Right now, we can not have a title made for a Mini in the state of WV.

It has taken from Monday morning when I visited our local DMV office till today to find out that I can't have a title for my mini.

The state as rescinded a title that was made out for one that was used by the city of Huntington, because it was not made legally. The city had in some way, acquired a document that was not what it was represented to be. Whatever that means? I took it to mean that someone in the city had made out a Certificate of Orgin from the Certificate of Import, and tried and did use it to acquire the other documation, thus a title. :confused:

But... I did find out that I can legally use my mini as a "Farm Use" implement, as long as I have the proper sized letters on the truck that states it is a Farm Use vehicle, I can use it to go to town within a specified distance, which I am not sure of until I receive the copy of the laws from the DMV. I am supposed to receive the copy from Charleston in the USPS, so we shall see what the specs on that is. :rolleyes:

But so far, I am no where near getting this truck titled, but am not giving up either. I have been told that I am like a Dog with a Bone. :) Oh so true too.

The state Legislature is supposed to be taking this subject up in Feb, because it is becoming a question unanswered by most. I can wait, if I must, I must.

More on this as we go along.