1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve Lash on 1994 Hijet

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by JHFarms, Aug 10, 2008.

1. JHFarms

JHFarms New Member

I see most people suggest to adjust valve lash for a flooding out Hijet when starting. Is there any lash recommendations and what other things can I try.

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

i'm not sure what motor you have, but i used the search function up top, and came up with this. it's for a later twin cam motor though. i remember someone listing what the valve clearance should be, but didn't have enough time to search for it thoroughly. i think the intakes have less lash than the exhaust, and know you have to set the clearance when the motor is cold.

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=2068&highlight=valve+clearance

there are three things to make a motor run, fuel, spark and air. you know you have fuel, too much in fact. if your engine is flooding i would check the needle and seat to make sure there isn't a chunk of crap in there keeping them from sealing, check your float level, and make sure that you are getting a hot enough spark to ignite the fuel. if it's not sparking you are going to have just a whole bunch of raw fuel loading up in the cylinder... you should also make sure your air filter is clean and allowing enough air in there to ignite.