1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minicab Build Project

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by SELLBOOZE, Apr 10, 2011.

1. SELLBOOZE

SELLBOOZE New Member

I bought a couple Mitsu minicabs a few weeks ago and just started doing some mods on one of them. Thought that I would start a pic thread documenting my improvements.
    So far I have the cab stripped out of ,seats,center console , ac fan and shroud ; pretty much every thing except the dash. I chiseled up all the tar that is used on the floor and engine firewall for sound deadning ; Let me tell you what a task that was. Today I started taping off every thing else in the cab that did not need to be painted,and removed the doors to be sprayed . Tomorrow I will paint primer , so that by mid week I can spray the CARC green that I have left over from painting my M35a2 ( Deuce and a half ). I have sent my seats,head liner , door panels to the upholstery to be recovered with US Army digital camo ripstop fabric and will have some pics later on this week of the finished uphoulstry !
    Once I am done with the cab , I will be painting the outside the same CARC green , and black bed liner .
    I have purchased a 2" lift kit and new coil over springs , rear bumper , tires , that I will get installed once the paint is done.
    I will add more pics as I progress.

Attached Files:

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

sounds cool...csn't wait to see it

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Thats a lot of work! Your def doing it up right. Can't wait to see the progress.

4. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

awesome! ill be watching!

5. SELLBOOZE

SELLBOOZE New Member

So this weekend I got my cab sprayed and doors primed and sprayed two coats of CARC Forrest Green. Now this week I am going to bed line the cab floor , reinstall all the interior and put the doors back on. Starting to take shape !

Attached Files:

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

And your coming to do mine when?

7. fupabox

working outdoors..in the SUN!!!.....GGGRRR...it's frigging snowing here:frustration:

8. SELLBOOZE

SELLBOOZE New Member

Fupa, Its so hot its not even fun , its gross hot and humid. I just might trade with you for the snow !

9. SELLBOOZE

SELLBOOZE New Member

Today I got my doors rehung , new ACS US Army digital camo door panels. I also reinstalled the newly painted center console and green painted radio cover , and all the other goodies that I had removed for painting. Tomorrow I will reinstall the newly upholstered seats (same ACU camo). and if I get to it , will start painting bed liner on the floor boards and kick plate in the cab.

Attached Files:

10. SELLBOOZE

SELLBOOZE New Member

Got my newly upholstered seats reinstalled. All I have left is to bed line the floor in the cab and reinstall the ac/heater fan intake box.
    Next week will be the removal of the bed , pressure wash ,prep and paint the frame , bed.

Attached Files:

11. fupabox

looking good

12. SELLBOOZE

SELLBOOZE New Member

Last week I took my bed off so that I could clean the frame and under carrage real well to be painted . I will be bed lining the rear axle,both cargo area and underneath the bed,drive line and a bunch of other stuff. Was not real hard to remove the bed. Took about 10 minutes to remove all the bolts from the bed and 2 bolts underneath that hold the brake lines up. Its light enough that 2 people can move it with ease.
    I took my pressure washer to the under carage , and both sides of the bed and now have them ready to be painted , as well as the rest of the out side of the truck.
    Its been a lot of work..... but gonna look killer when its done.

Attached Files:

Acerguy likes this.
  13. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice progress! :)

14. gotdurt

gotdurt New Member

Is there a finished product we can all see? It's been a while since anythings been posted. I would like to see plz :)