1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 Suzuki Carry Key Blank

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by vortechys, Apr 14, 2011.

1. vortechys

vortechys Member

I'am looking to get another key made for my '91 Carry, but I'm not having much luck. I did go to a locksmith in town , but he could not match it up with any of the key blanks he had.
    Does any one know where I can obtain a key blank for this year so I can get a spare key made?

2. erixun

erixun Member

I found a "ilco" brand, "suz17-9" at my local locksmith, that one has the black plastic on it.

Also a ilco "X186" fits in mine. Again, I found it at my local locksmith. I think a ilco X198 B74 will also work, I don't have one of those, it is just written down in my notes.

Good luck, I think some of the site sponsors also sell them. Or you can just order one of those blanks from the web and have your local guy cut them.

3. vortechys

vortechys Member

Thanks for the reply. I think your key for the '93 is different than the '91.
    Must have changed it after '91 as far as I can tell.:confused:

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

You got to find a lock smith that enjoys working. I have one here in Austin that will make it happen no matter what I take him. If it takes a key he will "get er done".
    Unfortunately not many guys around these days like him in any business these days.

5. 1988mustang

1988mustang Member

Yeah it just takes a good locksmith to make a key up. If it helps I have a 92 carry and I used a Curtis B-69 blank. I'm in Canada but it has USA stamped right on the blank so it should be available. It is a little longer than the original key but works like a charm.

6. vortechys

vortechys Member

Thanks guys for the tips. Going to try to find another locksmith today.

7. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

I found em at the local hardware store!

8. vortechys

vortechys Member

You guy's were right. I found another locksmith who made me three keys without a problem. He said he had plenty of blanks to make more. If anybody's in the S.E. Michigan area looking for keys for their Carry, just PM me and I'll send the name of the locksmith.
    Just for general info. the key blank needed for the 90-91 carry is Ilco X54 DC1:) If somebody goes to the hardware store just ask for a key for a Chevy Sprint 1984-1988,Chevy Luv pickup 1981-1982, Dodge Colt Vista 1970-1986, Isuzu Amigo 1981-1984 or Isuzu pickup 1981-1984.
    I hope this helps someone out.

Tony Evers likes this.
  9. Call Mike at www.Superminitrucks.com Number: 580-443-5500 I know he has a few hundred for mini trucks becasue we sent them to him:D.

10. confuzed

confuzed Member

Stupid as it sounds....... Walmart I have a subaru and they were the only ones to make a key first time no problem they have made three for me and the town

11. Marywilsn

Marywilsn New Member

Suzuki carry have been in lot of demand lately and so do it's parts. Suzuki carry parts truck parts are easily available on online stores because of the increased demands. !!
    Suzuki carry parts

12. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Ive found key blanks that work at Walmart, home depot, Fred Meyers and our local beemans. The tough part was convincing the people to place the keys correctly in the machine and that just because they key says its for a chevy or Toyota........... it will work. Just make sure to bring your key with you and match it up. Dont worry about what they say the key is for as long as the grooves match up. Good luck

13. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

LOCK-SMITH, LOCK-SMITH,

I've got I guy around the corner, dropped the keys off to him at 4pm, and at 6, he calls me back to say it's done.

He says the blanks that he had were just a little too thick compared to the originals; I think that they where just worn down, but he MILLED THEM, milled the thickness down with some kind of lock-smith gizmo.

2, copies of the doors/ignition
    2, copies of the left tool box
    2, copies of the right tool box

$20 bucks...:cool:

AND, he said for 40, he would change the two tool box locks to the door/ignition profile; one key for all.

Already spent the 20 bucks though...:sly:

14. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Nice!!! I only have the one side tool box. Full of pullies chain and straps haha but its the same key for it as the door and ignition. So far ive made 3 keys myself for mine. Set of vice grips..........couple jewlers files and a bit of time. They work great. Haha