1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar VW bodykit

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by 01dennis10, Apr 15, 2011.

1. 01dennis10

01dennis10 New Member

Hello there!

I was looking around for the famous VW lookalike body kit for my sambar
    but i can't find it anywhere for sale.
    I also couldn't find suppliers on this forum.
    maybe i didn't look good enough.

Does andybody know about supliers of these kits or a Thread about this topic?

Greetz from Holland

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

As far as I know the only place to get them is in Japan

3. 01dennis10

01dennis10 New Member

that's what i also kind of tought.
    I already tried to find a manufacter but havn't had the luck yet.
    If there's anyone else there who's got some tips or pointers.. please let me know.

greetz fromDennis, the Netherlands

4. Soren

Soren New Member

Dennis! I'm in the same boat, I really want the VW setup, but I don't have the Sambar yet. Still looking for my Sammy though. Fay had two great links. If you use Google translate, you should be able to poke around these sites and see some of what you're looking for. You could always try Yahoo Japan also for some of this stuff. Ultimately you need the front of the Van, and the back bumper plus the skirts/bumpers and paint. I've seen the basic setup of the parts on yahoo japan for 350,000 yen before - so maybe 600 to 700 USD shipped to you?

5. mikeh1975

mikeh1975 Member

ive got one !!! if any one is willing to take some day mouldings from my kit and make there own but not ruin me new shiny paintwork, then im all for helping out:pop:

6. 01dennis10

01dennis10 New Member

Wow that´s great! really nice of you to come up with such an idea!
    only one TIIIINY problem.
    I live in the Netherlands.
    but if there´s someone who can make a copy of yours via the mold i would be happy to pay for it and the shipping fees!

with kind regards Dennis from the Netherlands

7. mikeh1975

mikeh1975 Member

the painter that is doing ours, knows some one that makes bodykits for cars, so i suppose it may be possable to ask him?, as for a price i wouldnt know untill he has quoted on it as being a job?

i suppose if i could get a couple of orders it could also help with a price?

but depends on if there is any demand for it?

shipping shouldnt be a problem as i bet there only light fiberglass

[​IMG]

and how it is at the moment as it in for new paint

[​IMG]

8. mikeh1975

mikeh1975 Member

the offer is still there if you want me to ask the guy we know about day moulding our sambar kit?

if not could find out for reference, may be able to help someone else out?

mike

9. enej_46

enej_46 New Member

hi i am enej, and i m really interested in the vw front end.
    We have a 1.2 subaru libero and we love it, but we want the vw look and it s really difficult to find it.
    I tried to contact the japanese sellers, but the dont reply to my emails.
    I m trying for a long time now, almost 2 years.
    If there is a chance to make one, i will take it.
    Thank you.
    regards
    Enej

p.s.
    i will make a proper post with my presentation and some pics of my zubaru:) tomorrow.

10. minidubs

minidubs New Member

VW body kits & parts for subaru sambar & domingo / libero

Hi all
    I have the bodykits for sambars & domingos / liberos

I live in UK & import the vans & parts direct from Japan

Dont know how many i have converted but I have the panels made here in uk,,they are the top spec panels & i have had them alterd to take uk mini headlights so no need to order special rims from Japan,,also available in lhd for european liberos

I have lots of front bumpers & headlights left over from vw conversions i have done

I have domingos & sambars here being converted now to vw spec,,,also have the panels & parts to do yours so anyone wanting parts just get intouch

minidubs@talktalk.net I'm the same darren on the subaru sambar owners club page on facebook

Strange how a lot of you not heard of me selling the vw parts,,,im not to good on the computer,,,but hopefully ill get the hang of this site

No doubt you will want to see pics,,,how do i do that ?

Cheers / Take Care
    Darren ... minidubs@talktalk.net

11. enej_46

enej_46 New Member

Oh, my savior :)
    I sent you an e-mail. ;)

12. enej_46

enej_46 New Member

Oh and for the pics, upload them to Photobucket, than right click on the piture- copy image location, then here on the forum press the yellow button(if you rest the mouse on it you will see it says Insert Image) and then paste the copied image location in the line. Preview post if it worked than post piccies, so we can see your work :)

p.s.
    sorry for my bad English but im Slovenian. :eek:

13. yoda

yoda New Member

pm'd you Paul

14. yoda

yoda New Member

Paul i have emailed you sent a question via ebay and pm'd you here and no answers !!!!