1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What date was your van/truck made?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by DuncVan, May 28, 2011.

1. DuncVan

DuncVan Member

Does anybody know how to figure out what date your van/truck was made? Maybe there is a site that breaks it down by VIN?

I ask because replacement parts are sometimes defined by the date, down to the month. My van is a 1991 (super charged). Unfortunately there were some changes in production between August and September and parts listings reflect that (spark plug wire sets for example).

Just thought of this now - the moulded vs round headlights might be a clue.

2. JCD

JCD New Member

Great Site!!

Yes there is just such a site:jpcenter Register for free and in the MONTH OF PRODUCTION section all you have to do is enter the VIN and in most cases you will have the answer. You can also view the vehicles that are up for auction at all the Japanese auctions live, and see what they sold for as well!!:cool: This site works much better than all the home grown Japanese sites put together.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  3. DuncVan

DuncVan Member

Thanks JCD - I haven't checked out the whole site, but I was impressed when after I punched in my VIN the site came back with the month my van was built along with the paint colour code, upholstery code, model code, and a description code ...and all the info was correct.
    One extra note: I did not have to register or put in any personalized info except for the VIN.

Last edited: May 31, 2011