1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new mitsu microvan/townbox owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mailman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. mailman

mailman New Member

Hello fellow kei vehicle owners. I recently bought a 2005 mitsubishi microvan/townbox with about 33,000km for running a rural mail route. I used it for about a week and a half and really like it. I may have ruined the engine in that short time due to my ignorance. The route I run is close to 75 miles long and most of it is unimproved county roads. Apparently, the dust was so bad in that short time that it clogged the air intake and caused the engine to burn oil. I shut it down and had it towed as soon as I saw the smoke. After changing the oil and blowing out the filter, it's smoking even worse, I'm worried I warped the heads or ruined the rings. I'm planning on getting a second opinion but any advice would be much appreciated. Oh, any suggestions on where to get an english translation of the owners manual, specifically the capacities and specs. Worse case scenario, any thoughts on where to find another engine?
    looking forward to using this forum and getting to know my fellow mini-truckers