1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carburetor Solenoid

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by UpstateNY, Oct 2, 2011.

1. UpstateNY

UpstateNY New Member

1990 EN07 engine, Does anyone know where the wires on the 2 solenoids on the carburetor are connected. The top vacuum solenoid has a yellow wire and the lower fuel needle valve has a black wire. I have a manual from Lulu, but is not detailed enough to show connection points. Previous owner has changed some of the terminal ends so I can not match up the connections.
    Thanks

2. The top solenoid has two wires. A red and the common yellow. The short red is the ground (-) bolted to the lower solenoid screw. The yellow common wire travels over the top and down to the second solenoid. A black wire joins the yellow wire into the harness connector (White).

Cheers,
    Don
    www.yokohamamotors.com
    Parts
    www.yokohamamotors.net

3. UpstateNY

UpstateNY New Member

As I stated some of the original connectors have been replaced. Any idea where the white wire ends up connecting

4. UpstateNY

UpstateNY New Member

sorry about that I mean where does the YELLOW wire end up connecting to?

5. Sambar Carburetor Wiring

Hello,

I have attached three photos of a factory rebuilt carburetor so you can see clearly the routing of the black & yellow wire. They combine into the white connector shown. This is called the “IG” Circuit. Otherwise know as Circuit R101. It connects to two B/W which cross to a single B/W wire to circuit block R28. R28 is easily identified conjunction block with three terminals 1: YG 2: YB 3: B/W. Number 3 (B/W) is your power circuit you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Don
    www.yokohamamotors.com
    Parts “Worlds Largest Kei Parts Supplier”
    www.yokohamamotors.net
    Email
    info@yokohamamotors.com

Attached Files:

6. hatch

hatch Member

Im new to the sambar but my question is what do these two solenoids do? I was cleaning up my sambar and washed it and now it wont run, im thinking ive blown a fuse and wondering if these allow for fuel flow because its firing and when i get gas in carb it will run. any ideas?

Thanks