1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

door panel removal

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by De-icer, Feb 27, 2008.

1. De-icer

De-icer Member

Hello guys,
    Who can tell me how to get a door panel and window crank off a minicab? I really need the door panel off to fix a window crank but I can't figure out how to get everything off:frustration:
    THANKS!

2. ibkg

ibkg Member

you can get a window crank handle tool at any parts store the crank just has a small wire clip holding it on and you can use a large flat blade screw driver to pop the plastic anchors holding the door panel on just go slow in order not to damage the clips this is what I did to remove mine hope this info helps :D

3. De-icer

De-icer Member

yeah it does, I figured they were just plastic push clips holding it in but wasn't sure. The window crank was a bit more daunting I wasn't sure at all how to get that off. Thanks!

4. ibkg

ibkg Member

glad it helped :cool:

5. glenn

glenn Member

Hi De-icer
    I'm not sure on your model but if you send me a picture of the door after the panel is off, I will try to walk you through it. I got lots of years of auto glass experience behind me.

Glenn

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

A common trick to remove the window crank is to use a piece of cloth and loop it over the crank, work it into the gap via a see saw (up and down, back and forth. Kind of like your polising a pipe.) motion util it pops the clip out. To reinstall: Put the clip back on the crank and pop it back on.

-Greg

Dirtdiver likes this.
  7. Liuxias

Liuxias New Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015