1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Acty driveshaft pics.

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by CompleteLawnCare, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Another member here asked me to send him pics of my driveshaft, since he bought his truck without the driveshaft. I understand that the driveshaft is also known as the propeller shaft.

I tried to send him the pics in a private message, but pics are not allowed in PM's.

So, here are the pics as requested.

Attached Files:

2. Borg

Borg Member

Anyone know how the front of the drive shaft is removed?

I want to remove mine, and see if the truck stops shaking at highway speeds, it's getting quite annoying to drive down the highway and be shaken to death.

3. Littlestan

Littlestan Member

Hey Borg,

It's my understanding that major front end shaking is due to disintegration of the rubber steering bushing(s) in the steering arm/center link. The one located in the
    middle of the arm, specifically. Here's a diagram of what I'm talking about, the part in red;

View attachment 13519

You can buy them from many different places, here's one for an example;

http://www.honda-acty-parts.com/honda-acty-steering-bushing

If you're handy it's a pretty easy thing to replace with some muscle. :)

4. Borg

Borg Member

I feel like that isn't the problem, I pulled and pushed on all the steering linkages really hard, and nothing moves aside from the tie rods rotating a little as they're supposed to.

The differential can push pushed up on and moves easily about 1/2" up, and more with force.

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

That U joint with grease fitting is cool. Hadnt seen that done in a long time.

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Yes! not only are they easier to get to but also makes for a much stronger joint when its in the cap vs the webbing of the joint. I still prefer maintenance free joints myself.

7. I had completely forgot about that grease zirk. I guess I should get under there and grease it.

I had that driveshaft rebuilt when I bought the truck about 3 years ago.

8. trktrd

trktrd Active Member

So.... how does one go about removing the shaft?

9. Hap Wilson

Hap Wilson Member

Unbolt it from the transmission first then you should be able to pull it out I believe.