1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Receiver HIJET

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by OutdoorsNS, Aug 12, 2012.

1. OutdoorsNS

OutdoorsNS Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    JMM likes this.
  2. OutdoorsNS

OutdoorsNS Member

All i had to do then was take a plate and mark it to fit on them
    photo 5.JPG

Welded the plate
    photo 8.JPG

Sits flat with opening
    photo 6.JPG

photo 7.JPG

3. OutdoorsNS

OutdoorsNS Member

I put a bolf in the center of the tube on just one side and it gave 10 times the strength when it comes to flexing up and down. Now it does not move.
    This is SOLID
    photo 11.JPG

Then i Bought a 2 inch reciever for 18 Bucks and cut it to length so it sticks out past the plastic bumper just enough so i can get my pin in with ease
    photo 9.JPG

Mounted in place bumper off
    photo 10.JPG

All i had to do was cut on little piece of plastic off the opening of bumper and THERE IT IS
    photo 12.JPG

4. OutdoorsNS

OutdoorsNS Member

I have been working on my truck a lot since i just bought it a month ago, i have been learning a whole lot, if it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt be able to own one! Next project camo wrap, I have it but im undercoating and painting alot of stuff black first.

I hope this helps someone whos trying to make their own hitch that will not affect clearance.

photo 14.JPG

92 Hijet Jumbo 4x4 5 speed 2 inch lift (WITH LOTS TO COME)

5. rst277

rst277 Member

That looks great. I had considered going that route but welded to the tow loops instead and ran 2 pieces of angle to a cross member further back. Glad to hear you're enjoying the truck!

6. Papagator

Papagator Member

Hey Nice Job! Glad my idea was able to inspire someone. You will love the Camo-wrap......just dont try to install it on a windy day.....lol Have had a lot of fun coming up with new things for my Suzuki. Next week I will post pictures of my quick assemble Camo Canopy. See you all in Tips and Tricks!

Papagator

7. Evergreen4

Evergreen4 New Member

Thanks this was really helpful as I try to locate a front receiver hitch to mount a plow on. I am not finding much available for bolt on for the HiJet as there isn't any frame near the nose. Thanks!

8. Thanks for this. By the way, How did you make the platforms you are using on our lift. They look like they work great. Are they pinned to the arms or how do you keep them in place as you drive on?

9. James Rakshys

James Rakshys New Member

Hi. I'm new to the forum and mini trucks. I'm picking up a S83P Climber in December and I'm looking to copy you're design. I just wanted to check in an see if this is still working out for you? Would you change anything?

10. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

James,
    OutdoorsNS was last seen on 4/7/2013!
    If you click on his name, you can see that.
    Just trying to help.
    I doubt if you'll hear anything from him!
    Limestone