1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Hijet 4x4 wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Snowbird, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird New Member

I am looking for a 4 wheel drive wiring diagram for a 92 hijet . Mine was working fine last week until my dog and I hit a pothole. Now it has decided to quit working and I have no idea what it is. I have tested all vacuum lines and they are fine but 2 of the solenoids under the drivers seat have no juice to them. It has to be electrical as the switch on the lo/hi knob has power and like I said 2 of the 4 solenoids have power and they cycle but I still can't get anything to work. I have checked the solenoids on the transfer case and they have power when I kick it on but still no 4x4. I think it has to be wiring related but need the diagram. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Noleftturn60 likes this.
  2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan Guest

Mine is doing the same thing, I traced the wiring back to the fuse block, and couldn't find any problems. Anybody know where to look.

Bill

3. cdover73

cdover73 Member

Check the solenoids on the tcase again. There are two on the top. I think i remember them sending a signal to the vacuum manifold when activated. I pulled mine out and one them had a stuck plunger. Linkage inside the tcase activates the plunger and closes the switch to the solenoid. I lubed it and got it freed and it has worked fine since. Drove me crazy because i had a 12v signal at that solenoid every time i checked it. Problem was i wasnt getting a return signal to the solenoids under the seat because of the plunger. Hope this helps.

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan Guest

Thanks, I'll check them out