1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soon to be owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by serge, Nov 17, 2012.

1. serge

serge Member

thought i'd pop in and say hi to the biggest minitruck forum that ive found.
    i am planning on getting a daihatsu dump or a carry dump scisor in srping 2013

awesome vehicles. but there arent any eary HP adders.

has anyone tried better fuel? ie. 89, 91 or 94 octane? notice any difference in response besides better fuel mileage?

looking for a scisor lift/dump kit and its cost.

any help appreciated.

Serge from UP NORTH

2. cbarlow

cbarlow Member

the higher octane wont really give you a difference

3. serge

serge Member

damn... i was hoping it might.
    finally bought a minicab yesterday, just have to go pick it up.
    in need of repair, paint..... it'll be a nice project at 2200$ for the vehicle and probably 1000$ in parts and paint.

4. Deanclean

Deanclean Member

Congrats. Post some pics when you get it!

5. cbarlow

cbarlow Member

What kind of repairs do you gotta do?

6. serge

serge Member

head gasket, full repaint to white from military green. not sure if i soulld buy the dump conversion kit out of the states or a snow blade(we get lots here)(prince george), remove cab, clean everything. between myself (automation technician/ medium mechanic) and my friend, (long time back yard mechanic/ parts guy/ Nurse), just need a paint guy..
    will hve it in my insulated shop, just need heat.
    pics of before, and will have progress pics as we go. 1st teardown/inspection, next ordering and paint(while waiting) (LUNCH INCLUDED) 3rd re-install.

should have it ready to go, just around the time (HST)Harmonized sales tax 12% changes to (PST+GST)provincial+government sales tax "only 1 for vehicles"@7% in april... Blah this is getting long.

7. Bradshaw1354

Bradshaw1354 New Member

Looking forward to seeing the progress on your minicab.

8. theamonda

theamonda New Member

hey serge, i live in pg too and am trying to figure out where i can take my subaru to get a tune up etc. do you know of anyone in town who would do it?