1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wtf is this light???

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by FiveOneOh, Jan 25, 2013.

1. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

I hit a puddle the other day.. not even a big one and the truck started to sputter and died out. Points issues... thing is once it decided to stop being stupid and drive again.. this warning light came on. As far as I can tell the warning is a chevy emblem with bacon coming out of the top. Can anybody tell me wtf this light is? Its always on.... eng temps are fine...

[​IMG]

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Catalytic convertor over heating...or just a bad connection.

3. FiveOneOh

FiveOneOh Member

came on after I hit a puddle, hope its just a sensor. Thanks!

4. Gotrek

Gotrek Member

My Atrai has the same problem. It had to have an e-test done so I could get my plate sticker. The cat had to be replaced before it would pass and the light is still on.

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

exhaust temperature sensor...has nothing to do with actual emissions ..it's a mandated item on Japanese vehicles...check the grounding of the wire coming off the sensor on the exhaust..it looks just like an O2 sensor

6. rynow

rynow Member

mine just came on today.
    truck was sputtery after drastic change in weather.
    (went from really cold (-30) for 8 days then back up to -2) roads now a supper slushy mess.

i read that seafoam can get rid of water in gas.
    this is what I figured was causing the sputteryness.

so I was on a bit over 1/4 tank of gas ....
    dumped in 1/3 of a can of seafoam into gas before filling up.

Started her up ...ran 3 min down the road and that same warnnig light came on.
    Not knowing what the light meant I proceeded to panic (pants shitting is what I call it) thinking its the tranny.

SO now I wonder seafoam? slush hit the sensor and set it off ?

It did go on once before after washiing undercarrage and on a swampy slushy day 2 yrs ago.

any thoughts?

7. signguy

signguy New Member

My sambar did the same thing. They don't like to get wet. I put on new wires, plugs, cap and rotor and it still sputtered but I have it fixed with some dielectric grease. Apply liberaly around both ends of the wires and around the base of the cap. $6 cure and I still have lots left.

I learned to ignore the warning light. It comes on sometimes at startup and goes off after 30 seconds or so.

Rob

8. Dsuth

Dsuth New Member

mine had been on for a while then the other day the cat turned red so it might work...

9. bobnalleweg

bobnalleweg Member

Mine did the same thing, the cat seemed to be functional so I removed the bulb from the dash, problem solved.

10. Dsuth

Dsuth New Member

Bypass my cat with the existing tubes and clamps the grounded then wire works great lights off

11. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

bbq light. means the thunder chicken is ready :p

its the catalytic sensor.