1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electric minis

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Jim Nelson, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I saw an ad on Craig's list for an electric mini so I called the guy and he does these conversions.The truck he has for sale is a Mitsubishi that's not quite finished and he has it listed for $3850.His web site is http://www.fly-electric.com a real interesting idea and he is fairly close to me so I might just have one of these in the future.

2. Daner

Daner Member

Neat trucks. I bet those would be great for city driving.

Side note: I've always wondered what sort of heater electric vehicles use. You would think an electric one would drain the battery quickly. It would probably be fine where it doesn't get really cold. I wonder if a gas heater is an option? On any electric not just mini truck.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I went down and drove the mits electric that Mike has for sale and it is very impressive power wise and a really neat deal if you don't have far to go,probably 30-50 mile range, depending on conditions.It would work real well for my situation.I forgot to ask Mike about heater but saw on another site where they used a little water heater plumbed into the heater core.Like Spaner always says "anything is possible just a matter of $$.I would love to do this conversion on my Hijet but by the time I got it done I would have 10K min. in the truck and since the greatest advantage to doing this is getting street legal,which my truck already is,I'm having a hard time selling myself,let alone the Wife.

4. Wedge

Wedge Member

5. flymillen

flymillen New Member

[video=youtube;w9SwjjPXKPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9SwjjPXKPM&list=UU0xlPz_fQqHwu9ZUEqXwtvw&index=1[/video]video on 4th gear unlock

6. TamiPaulus

TamiPaulus Member

These electric trucks are really awesome. It gives freedom from gas, maintenance cost is comparatively less. Also what I love the most about these trucks is their sound while start-up.

Orange County Truck Repair

7. Wedge

Wedge Member

The range isnt enough if you plan to do more then 40-50 miles and in canada we can forget about it in the winter. It is still a very cool vehicule to have in electric if it was just to work around a large area ,work shop, farm etc. Its only 2wd unless you add another motor and then if you cant add batterties you reduced range by half.