1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru sambar loss of power / clutch temp light

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by GaryBrodie, Feb 20, 2013.

1. GaryBrodie

GaryBrodie New Member

I have a 1994 sambar 660cc auto. Was driving home, all fine! Pulled over to drop friend off, then went on my way! Then all of a sudden, the engine started to rev high, but lost power! Could only just do 20mph! With the engine rev high! Then just as I finally got home, the clutch temp light came on! I checked the Audubon oils! It's was low, so refilled it, but still revving high, and no power! Can any one help me? Thank you, as I'm new to the world of sambar vans!

Thanks

Gary

2. cbarlow

cbarlow Member

We're you driving with your foot on the clutch? Sounds like it may have went out

3. GaryBrodie

GaryBrodie New Member

Hello, I don't have a clutch pedal, as its an automatic!

4. cbarlow

cbarlow Member

ha sorry about that i must have read it to fast, after it cools off does it work better or still the same

5. GaryBrodie

GaryBrodie New Member

If I was to go out to the van now, it would be fine! But as soon as I drive it, for about 500meters it all happens again!

6. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

You can burn the clutches in an auto trans. New fluid is your friend, filter too, every 24 months; max.

Time for a rebuild.

7. GaryBrodie

GaryBrodie New Member

Have just changed oil and filter! A d still the same! Reving high, and car can only do 20mph! Start ok, and can revers, and is fine for the first 300 meters! Then must goes wrong!

8. bobnalleweg

bobnalleweg Member

The powdered metal clutch has failed. It's an electro-magnet actuated unit with powdered metal in it.