1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resurrection and restoration of suzuki carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by muddy moose, Mar 9, 2013.

1. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Mine at Titans. They work awesome!! Thanx for the pat on the back by the way, my arm was getting tired if doing it myself hahaha. I even figured out how to get all the pics to show up on the tach install thread I did. Did ya see the moose pic a few lines up? I was literally 3 feet from him when I took that pic with my cell Hahaha

2. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

My next mod I'll be working on this coming week. I'm adding skid plates and radius arm extensions to slide the front end back to where it belongs and help get over those crazy objects that snag your front arms and stop you. Too cold to do much else. May as well keep working on making her better!!!! 2 deg right now and threats if ten below zero tonight.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

That moose shot is really cool.Bet you wouldn't do that with cow if she had little ones around.

4. hatch

hatch Member

Hey Moose, I want to see the moose but it has a link and keeps telling me its invalid. I could see the bumper pics because they were in an album that was linked but it keeps telling me its invalid. bummer

Having been to Alaska, I get how tuff things are to do because its pretty much bare essentials from what I gathered and that's what impresses me most about the things you do. That bumper is great giving the resources you have to do it with.

Keep up the good work and for some reason I want to say "The Moose is Loose"

5. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Hahaha thanx!!

Jim....... I'll look for some cow and calf pictures!! I have a bunch of me feed them by hand and petting them. Hahaha I am the MUDDY MOOSE!! They see me as one of theirs!! Hahahaha

Hatch

The Moose is loose is the best dang bakery ever!!! They have pastries that are manna from heaven!!!! Hahaha

6. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I just wired up 2 one watt LED lights to my backup light. I can actually see when backing up now!!! Woo hoo hahaha

13855497139310.jpg

7. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Got good n stuck in a snow bank today........all 4 tires off the ground when we stopped........ I convinced myself that if I have to trade my mad max buggy for a set of tracks.......I'll do it!!! I dont care what it takes, I WILL have tracks hahaha

8. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Ive also taken the front end out 4 or 5 times. Since the entire front end is blocked down 4 inches their is no way to push it back far enough to put the drive line back in the t case. The drop added length. The only fix is to make a spacer or replace a seal every couple months. A spacer it is!!
    My backup lights work awesome by the way!!! I also rewired the bed light thats in the headache rack. Added an led to it. Its quite the backup light in itself now!! Hahaha

9. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

We got about 14 inches of snow in the last two days. Woo hoo!!! I get to play with the plow!! Hahaha but.......now the carb has decided it wants to freeze......coolant lines going to it are both hot. I even reattached the hose from the exhaust manifold........guess I need to find a way to keep the snow from reaching it in the first place.........

10. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Tore the trany mounts loose and popped the front drive line out.........was a rough day haha. Got it ratchet strapped down till I could get home. I think that running down the trail with a 96 inch plow while pushing snow is a bit tough on things.........guess I'll keep adding steel

11. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

hey moose call me have some new ideas to pass on

12. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Just picked up a 46" craftsman snowblower. I'm thinking about modifying it a bit and using it on our mini-mog. ............for some reason I can't post pictures again, so..........you'll just have to take my word that it's a nice blower hahaha

13. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Still no motor for the HUGE snowblower yet........... and now I need new front cv.........both sides are clicking...........anyone know who has the least expensive?

14. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Not sure what happened........... Got in, fired her up, let her warm for a bit.......... Took off and discovered I have a serious lack of power.......... And the front CV are really getting bad.............. I might be forced to do a strait axle swap sooner then I was planning

packrat likes this.
  15. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Just as well do tracks while you're at it,you can't let spaner get too far ahead of you.

16. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Hahahaha I know!!!!!!!
    I was hoping to have my HUGE snowblower rigged up and ready to brag about......... But no luck finding a 25 horse vertical shaft motor for it............ YET!!!!
    I guess I'll be forced to use my 94" plow again this year if we ever get snow hahahaha
    Had 45 degrees today in Alaska!!!! I'm goin to take my bike for another spin tomorrow!!!! No since letting the gas just sit in her tank hahaha

17. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Looks like I get to pull the carb.........,. Once warmed up...............and I hit the gas................its like the engine turns off till I let off, and still has no power. Gotta check the timing belt too I guess....,....... And I just wanna play!!!!! Hahaha