1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru Sun Roof

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Gardener, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Gardener

Gardener New Member

My roll back sun roof has suddenly stopped working. It was a bit rickety before but it's now stuck fast - there's no noise at all as I press the open button.

Can you please advise me where to look / what to do? I have a manual but there are not a lot of details about the sunroof and it's mechanics and no pictures!

Any help would be really appreciated,
    Regards

2. goldenwheels

goldenwheels New Member

I had the same , mine turned out to be a sticky relay which is under the roof lining in the back of the van.

3. DuncVan

DuncVan Member

I was lucky that my van came with a little 'user' manual on the small upper shelve in the glove compartment. From the pictures I learned that one can manually open and close the roll back sun roof with an allen key. The bolt to turn is behind the bigger plug in the ceiling. In the centre at the back there are two plugs, it should be the forward most of the two. I haven't tried manually rolling mine but it did check that the bolt was there. It is.
    By checking that you can manually open the roof you can determine if the mechanicals work or not, possibly narrowing the problem area.

4. Igzabier

Igzabier New Member

'94 Sambar van with 'Sun Sun Roof' motor is working but linkage is disconnected(?)

The crazy Japanoid mark up is $1100! to repair?
    (Great shop but come on, these vans sell for $300 in Japan and parts are cheap)

I've two manuals, English(Yokohama motors one)and Nihonjin(Japanese)

Neither have info. Anyone?