1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda HA4 head gasket tightening sequence and torque setting?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by gravinus, Jun 22, 2013.

1. gravinus

gravinus New Member

Hello Everyone!

I have a 93 ACTY Attack with a E07A engine. I bought the machine with the engine all torn down due to a broken timing belt that damaged the head. I'm trying to reassemble everything, but I'm not sure of the tightening sequence and torque values? I have the manual, but it doesn't contain this info. On the page that shows the head it states a torque value of 6.2-6.8mm, which is obviously missing some important units.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ben

2. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

Likely a typo on the torque and should read 6.2-6.8 kg.m(44.8-49.2 ft lbs). Do it in two steps, half the torque the first time around then go back and do the final value.

There are only 8 head bolts so i would use this pattern.

HeadBolts.JPG

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
    Juju1187 likes this.
  3. gravinus

gravinus New Member

Thanks Old Machinist!

I was hoping you would see this thread and have the answer. From reading in the forum, I think you're the godfather of the ACTY mini!

Thanks again- Time to see if I can make this damn thing run now!

4. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

5. gravinus

gravinus New Member

Thanks for taking the time to look it up, it is appreciated!

Ben

6. YearoftheDragon

YearoftheDragon New Member

Great info! Just did my headgasket and was scouring the interweb for this info.

7. shogun

shogun Active Member

Thanks, downloaded this great info on torque specs, can also use for my old BMWs. OldMachinist is a real expert on the Honda Acty, glad that I can learn from him many details.

I found also this for info:

for Domestic and Imported Passenger Cars and Light/ Medium Duty Trucks

How To Use the FEL-PRO® Torque Tables™ 3
    FEL-PRO PermaTorque® Cylinder Head Gaskets . 4
    Cylinder Head Gasket Installation Tips . 7
    FEL-PRO T-T-Y Head Bolts . 9
    FEL-PRO Engine$aver® Hardware 11
    Torque Specification Tables . 13
    Torque Sequence Diagrams. 83

http://olybrake.com/pdf/fel_pro_torque_specs_guide.pdf

http://aftermarket.federalmogul.com/en-US/Technical/Documents/Head Gasket Installation.pdf

Mahle
    Technical service........................................................................................... Page 2
    Catalog series................................................................................................ Page 3
    eLearning™.................................................................................................... Page 4
    How to use this catalog................................................................................ Page 5
    Sleeve assemblies ......................................................................................... Page 6
    Rebore kits & valvetrain components ......................................................... Page 7
    Nomenclature - wet sleeve........................................................................... Page 8
    Nomenclature - dry sleeve............................................................................ Page 9
    Nomenclature - piston .................................................................................. Page 10
    Piston ring styles ........................................................................................... Page 11
    Gasket sets .................................................................................................... Page 12
    Nomenclature - bearings .............................................................................. Page 13
    Bearing terminology...................................................................................... Page 14
    Part number identification ............................................................................ Page 15
    Universal length cylinder sleeves................................................................. Page 16-17
    Expansion plugs ............................................................................................ Page 18
    NAVISTAR / INTERNATIONAL ENGINE KITS .............................................. Page 25-31
    NAVISTAR / INTERNATIONAL ...................................................................... Page 32-153
    Numerical listing
    Sleeve Assemblies / Rebore Kits / Sleeves.......................................... Page 154
    Pistons................................................................................................ Page 155
    Piston Skirt Clearance ......................................................................... Page 156
    Ring Sets ............................................................................................ Page 157
    Rod Bushings / Valves - Exhaust / Valves - Intake .............................. Page 158
    Valve Guides / Valve Springs / Valve Keepers ..................................... Page 159
    Valve Seats ......................................................................................... Page 160
    Connecting Rod Bearings ................................................................... Page 161
    Main Bearing Sets............................................................................... Page 162
    Camshaft Bearing Sets........................................................................ Page 163
    MAHLE Clevite to Navistar/IHC O.E.M Interchange................................... Page 164-169
    Navistar/IHC O.E.M. to MAHLE Clevite Interchange.................................. Page 170-175
    FP Diesel Interchange................................................................................... Page 176
    Fel-Pro Interchange....................................................................................... Page 177-178
    Ford O.E.M. Interchange............................................................................... Page 179
    Sealed Power Interchange ........................................................................... Page 180-183
    Measurement equivalents............................................................................. Page 184

http://www.mahle-aftermarket.com/c125790900540ac0/vwcontentbyunid/e90c65b95101371ec12579aa0050a854/$file/ep-30nv-08web.pdf

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  8. Justin frost

Justin frost New Member

Does anyone no torque spec for pistons and for the main bearings. Also does anyone no where I can get over sized connecting bearings I had a spun bearing and need to get my crank machined. I'm not sure of bearing clearance can find that spec but I have a bout a 3 thousand difference between cyclinders

9. Secant

Secant New Member

First step is to measure your machined crank journal, as well as the con rod. A competent engine machine shop should be able to specify a bearing to fit, with correct specified clearance.