1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 MiniCab U42T - Won't Start

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by sfhyde, Jul 4, 2013.

1. sfhyde

sfhyde New Member

Happy 4th all . . .

I have a 1998 U42T with the 3G83 HEMI EFI engine. I have spark and fuel but the engine will not start. Turns over has spark at each cylinder and it sounds like the pump is working as gas can be smelled after a bit . . . but no dice, it won't start. When it last ran, I washed it, inside and out and parked it and since then it won't start.

I have checked the following"

Water in distributor = none
    Replaced plugs = no luck
    Spark at each cylinder = affirmative
    Sprayed Starting fluid in throttle body = nothing
    Checked Fuel filter = fuel present

Is there a wire that I may have knocked loose or off in cleaning the engine that will keep it from starting?

What am I missing?

Thanks

2. Incorporatedx

Incorporatedx New Member

engines need three things, spark, proper fuel/air mixture and compression to run. if you have spark that's one.

check compression, just to verify it's good, then start checking to see if fuel is pooling in the intake manifold, too much fuel and not enough air will make it choke out, cut off fuel from the engine and crank it for a while to let it clear out, check plugs again while doing a compression test to be sure they're not fouled.

3. bobnalleweg

bobnalleweg Member

The distributor caps seem to be fragile, mine has quit a couple of times and it was the distributor cap.