1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daihatsu Hi jet hydraulic pump

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by rdeloac, Sep 18, 2013.

1. rdeloac

rdeloac New Member

Anyone have any info on the belt driven hydraulic pump on a 1992 hi jet with a dump /scissor lifT ? Diagrams etc.

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

The manual in the reference section has a little info on it.

3. rdeloac

rdeloac New Member

thanks for the info

4. mtr250r

mtr250r New Member

Bump. My tipper wont tip up but belt clutch engages with switch and it comes down fine.

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

From the manual either oil leaking ( repair leak),improper closing of switching valve (clean switching valve) or insufficient pressure of relief valve inside pump (replacement of pump) .
    I have the factory manual in English,on cd if you want it.I paid $15 + shipping. It's pretty big and our old computer didn't have enough horse power to run it so I took it to a copy shop and had them print it out.It's the best manual out there as far as I know and one of the vendors was trying to sell it for like $300 so this is a deal. Pm me if interested.

6. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

I would install a new 12 volt power up/gravity down pump and fix it for good.

dan woodysminitrucks.com

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I agree with Dan. I replaced mine and it works great.

8. rdeloac

rdeloac New Member

Got mine working but the next time it quits I will replace it with an electric pump unit.

9. Nautydog1

Nautydog1 Member

Did you find out who made your hydraulic pump or a model number