1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numbers on the speedometer??

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Meansealvel, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

Stoopid question here but im a little uncertain about the numbers on the speedometer... Not the Km/hr but ther's a 1, 2 and 3 spaced out by idk 20 or 30 km/hr (at least on my 94 minicab). I assume they are there to indicate when to switch gears but does it mean to switch gears at the number or is that the top of each gear? In other words should i change gears in between numbers or at the numbers?

2. packrat

packrat Member

those numbers indicate the maximum speed/rpm in the gears. Shift at or below that speed

3. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

That's actually really cool. Now I'm jealous........mine doesn't have that.... Hahahaha

4. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

Cool thats kind of what i thought but these trucks wind up so much i wasnt sure.... Feels like im going to blow the motor or tranny in every gear! Moose tell ya what ill trade ya my speedometer for your lift kit hahahah, or better yet for your home in the summer/fall, you can have it back for the winter ahhahhhahahah!! Thanks guys!

5. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Hahaha somehow I don't think it would be an even trade. Id feel horrible taking advantage if you like that Hahaha. To be honest, now that the lift is done, it wasn't really that bad. It sounds terrible. You will think its the worst decision you ever made while doing it, but when you get the lift done you will be happy you did it as well as amazed it was so easy. It really is too bad so many people think that they need to keep things secret and nobody actually made a bolt on lift for these little trucks. If I had the means I'd be punching them out left and right. Wait till you hear about my newest idea for lift and drive lines!!!

6. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

Love the enthusiasm my friend! I would have your back if punches started flying:mad: But its good to have people like you out there willing to help and encourage because otherwise thos folks keeping the secrets would prevail... Alright sorry for the preaching everyone! Moose cant wait to hear about the new idea!