1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINALLY upgraded my front struts and springs

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by toothandnail, Jan 5, 2014.

1. toothandnail

toothandnail New Member

Upgraded my front struts and springs

Well after searching here and the net in general, without finding any heavier front springs and struts for my 04 Mitsubishi, I decided to put my own together. My truck springs were so light the weight of the truck alone left about 1.5" of travel, me sitting in it put it on the bump stops, any small bump in the road it would bottom out hard.

I put together my own kit, I've been making the final adjustments on it the last few days, so far it's working great. If anything the springs may be a little on the stiff side with only the driver and an empty truck. But 85% of the time there are 2 in the cab and at least 200# in the bed.

If there is enough interest I would probably make them available for sale.

They will not work on a stock height truck, they give about 4" of lift.

Also I have my old lift (strut spacers) for sale if anybodies interested in them.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. ozarkman

ozarkman Member

@toothandnail: You've lived with your suspension conversion for a while now. How's it working for you? Have you made any changes to it in the past year?
    I would like more suspension travel on my '99 Mits. It bottoms out frequently, and also sports a heavy deer guard and a 30-lb. winch on the front end, which has a 4-inch lift kit. Please tell me more...