1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94' ACTY Loosing power, HELP!!

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by priority, Jan 6, 2014.

1. priority

priority New Member

I have a 1994 ACTY that has been perfect up to this point. I use it to hunt out of so it rarely gets used. It's been sitting at our club for two months without being cranked. This is normal for this truck and has never been a problem before. Driving it home, once the motor heats up I loose power in all gears, especially 2nd and 3rd. Push the peddle to the floor and its as if its starving for fuel. Parked it and let it sit for 10min fired it up ran great, red lined as usual in all gears...motor heats up and once again, looses power. Any ideas? Of course this would happen when Im bringing it home to sell it! Thanks guys.

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

A dirty fuel filter will act like that.Maybe water in fuel from sitting so much?

3. shogun

shogun Active Member

critters or other animals chewed on vacuum hoses or wires? You have to check it.

4. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Gas just isnt what it use to be id top my tank with high octane fuel a couple times before i when to great extent of replacing parts.Ethanol fuels seem to break down much faster than the old fuels we were use to and being these machines are under powered to start with it may be just this!!

5. cameomike

cameomike New Member

Try to find Ethanol free fuel in your state. Here in Wa. state it is available for about 20 cents/gal more than reg. unleaded in some gas stations. Google ethanol free gas for a listing in Alabama. The ethanol causes rubber to come apart (hoses) and absorbs water from the air to cause fuel system issues

6. shogun

shogun Active Member

Did you ever replace the fuel filter?
    Also check the fuel tank, if seldom used and if the tank is not completely full, there will be tank corrosion and the rust will settle at the bottom. I had this on a BMW where the fuel pump is
    in-tank at the bottom of the tank, the pre-filter before the fuel goes into the fuel pump was completely clogged with rust and also with red-ish gum-like material which comes from old fuel, even the fuel injectors were clogged.
    When you push the throttle, is there black smoke coming from the exhaust? If so, your 2 solenoids in the carb are clogged, these are for air regulation, for full throttle they let in more air to have the correct fuel/air mixture. I have posted several times already the repair and how to test these solenoids on my 1997 model carb.