1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subaru Sambar Wheel and Tyre

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Gardener, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Gardener

Gardener New Member

I have a Subaru Sambar (660cc V-KV4 and I am trying to find a supplier for a spare wheel and tyre.

The reference on the tyre is 145R12-C but I have had no luck in local garages who just shake their heads when my Sambar pulls up outside!

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help and / or suggest an alternative Sambar wheel if these are difficult to source. I live in Leeds so the more local the better!

2. Suki

Suki New Member

Hi,
    I just wondered if you'd had any luck sourcing a tyre...we live in Leeds and have just bought a sambar so would be really interested in hearing your experiences!

3. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Since I'm guessing that you're in the UK, you might be able to find some 145/70 R13 tires that will be pretty close to stock.

4. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

5. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I have a 97 suzuki carry truck that came with those tires you described. I measured the bolt pattern to find it was 4x100 then I cross referenced to find new vehicles that have the same wheel pattern. then I bought R13 tires and wheels to fit. no problem and better tire for your truck. I found them used for $100 95% tread.
    Tony

6. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

one more thing. 175/70/R13 fit perfect and will not impede your turning circumferance
    Cheers Tony

7. SpikeFiend

SpikeFiend Member

Be careful with the wheel offset here... a 175/70 R13 won't fit if you have a +45 mm offset wheel, but should fit if your wheel is +35 mm or less. A 155/80 R13 is roughly the same outer diameter as the 175/70 R13 but will fit with a 45mm offset rim.

I used some 155/80 R13 tires on 13"x5" 45mm offset wheels. The ride was improved but I noticed it lacked some of the power it had before (either because the tire/wheel combo was heavier, or larger in diameter than stock). I'm now going to try some 165/65 R13 tires on 13"x5.5" 35mm offset tires (they fit) and see how they perform.

Tony Evers likes this.