1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with carburetor issues

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by inspmjm, Feb 28, 2014.

1. inspmjm

inspmjm New Member

Here is what I have done since I purchased the truck.
    Tune up- changed the distributor, cap,rotor, spark plugs and wires
    Cleaned and put a kit in carburetor
    Changed water pump, radiator, thermostat,fuel filter, air filter and vacuum hoses.

After all that is done it is hard to start and I have to put the heater on high to get it to idle when it is cold. Once it warms up you can turn the heater off and it will idle fine. After a while the idle gets sluggish and the truck wants to kill. Put the heater back on and it will idle up and run ok. Any advice will be helpful. I will try sea foam and run it a while to see what happens.

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Sounds like vacuum,since you have gone through the carb. you might want to look at a couple of threads in this forum if you haven't already.One is titled" choke-idle is too high" and the other is" desperately need tuning help". Lots of good information in both these threads just do a search in this forum for them.

3. inspmjm

inspmjm New Member

Jim,
    Thanks for the help. I read through the threads you recommended and figured out my problem. My mechanic had two vacuum lines crossed. One of them was the choke. Swapped them around and it is now starting and running great. I also ran sea foam through the fuel tank. Also figured out that my truck is a 1995 model. Thanks again!!