1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch plate splines-help please

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by edigert, Mar 10, 2014.

1. edigert

edigert New Member

I have a suzuki carry that I am trying to replace the clutch. My carry has a DB51T stamp on the driver side under seat. It is 4 wheel drive and has a five speed transmission. I ordered a clutch kit from Twin rivers minitruck in Arkansas. The ordered set arrived and the throw out bearing fit, but that was it. The clutch disk plate center hole with splines was to small, and the width of the asbestos ring on the outside was too small. I sent my disk and the new clutch disk plate and pressure plate back (at my expense I might add). 1 week later I call them back to see where my new pressure plate and clutch disk are, and they say that my transmission has been changed out and a DD51T has replaced it. I got the new kit today and the splines on the tranny and clutch disk plate are not the same. I counted the splines and both have 18, but it does not fit. :frustration:

I don't know what to do at this point. Can someone help me figure out exactly what tranny I have(it has a 7B on the bellhousing) and what part number for the clutch kit I need. Also, maybe a reliable/helpful place that I can get the correct parts from.

Thank you in advance,

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

You probably need to measure the shaft diameter at the spline and at the end where it goes into the pilot bearing,then the clutch disc and pressure plate and contact G&R imports .They are probably as good as you will find as far as knowledge and inventory in this country.If that doesn't work try Don at Yokohama motors.Pictures of the old one would probably be helpful too.

3. edigert

edigert New Member

Thank you, Jim. I think I will return mine and try your contacts.

4. Jerry

Jerry New Member

There is a good parts supply in western canada called West Shore Auto that ships i believe if its over $100 to the usa free.ive bought parts from these folks and the service and knowledge is unbeatable.the gents name is tod,his phone number is 250-590-4659!! give them a try!!!

5. edigert

edigert New Member

Thanks Jerry. Finally got the right one with matching splines. Put the tranny back in last night, filled with gl-4. Started it and it won't go into gear with clutch depressed. Adjusted the clutch cable in and out with no luck. Should you be able to move the lever attached to the throw out bearing when truck is not running? I have a feeling the throw out bearing is bound on something. Anybody have any insight?