1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help--96 Carry front end problem

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Okie firefighter, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Okie firefighter

Okie firefighter New Member

I bought a 96 Carry and it had a hole in the front left brake line. When the guy I got it from put the lift kit on he did not re-route the brake line and the strut spring wore a hole in the brake line. The easiest way to replace the line was to take the strut off so I jacked up the front end and before I took off the wheel I rotated the tire. I noticed that when I rotated the left side tire my fornt drive shaft also turned, I thought it was in 4wd or the axle lock was on but they both were off. I went ahead and took off the wheel, strut, brake line, caliper and disk. The front drive shaft rotated forward and I replaced the brake line. After I put it back together when I rotate the wheel the front drive shaft did not turn like it did before. I pulled the strut back off and the drive shaft seems like it's all the way in the CV joint but still when I turn the hub the front drive shaft dose not spin. Is that normal or have I really messed up. Please help and thank you in advance.

2. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You could lift the truck up off all 4 wheels and engage 4WD to be sure it is OK.