1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki carry production dates by serial number

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by LCCRUISER, Mar 25, 2014.

1. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

I have a new to me Suzuki DD51T Carry and I don't know what year it is.

Does anyone have a chart, or know of one, that gives the serial number range for each year? I think a chart would be helpful to others as well as me.

If a production chart by year isn't available, maybe some of you can chime in on what your 6 digit number is and what year it is and we can get one established.

Thanks!

LC

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Follow the seat belt where it attaches to the body of truck. Look on the little white tag
    that will get you within a year the build.
    If ordering parts you will only need the the ser.# under the drivers seat.
    Japanese dont really go by year models for what ever reason.
    I think if you really have to know exactly the year build go to MiniTruckCentral.com and I believe Jeff has a chart by ser. # on the years.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

In that "Desperately need tuning help" thread there is a reference to a Russian site that gives a lot of info including month and year of mfg. It's kind of a struggle to wade through but it's there. I would almost bet Don in Japan could come up with something but I've never seen him mention it.

4. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

Thanks for the tips!

The tag on the fender well has some paint overspray obscuring most of the info, but the build decal on the side panel near where the seat belt attaches is very readable.

The seat belt tag on mine would lead me to believe that mine is newer than I was originally told. However, I thought the round headlights came later in production.

5. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

To clarify, mine has the rectangular lights which I thought were early 90's and the later 90's trucks I thought had round. Mine has the rectangular ones.

6. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

I've had over 250 hits on this thread so there must be some interest. I think it would be nice if we could find the data in a chart and post it up on the forum, maybe even as a sticky. LC

7. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Did you check minitruckcentral.com? Good handful of specs. on that site.
    As for the round head lights I think I had one once that was a 1995 model that surprised me.

8. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

I did. There's nothing there by serial number or info as to what years had round vs rectangular headlights.

9. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

Over 500 hits now, so it seems like a lot of us have a need or desire to know.

Does anyone know if there are sources in Japan for production by serial numbers?

10. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Try Don in Japan or Dave in Japan but I think you will find that while we are obsessed with year models they go by series and VIN's so the break may be in the middle of the year.My '95 Scrum has round head lights and the '92 I got for my son has rectangle as well as a friends 93 is rectangle.I'm, not sure you will be able to pin this down to a year to year thing.

11. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

Thanks. Now, how do I find Don & Dave in Japan?

12. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Don in Japan is with Yokohama Motors and posts here from time to time as Don in Japan.He is pretty sharp on all these little trucks.Dave in Japan is another member of this site who posts pretty often and is pretty involved with the trucks too.

13. LCCRUISER

LCCRUISER Member

Thanks for the info!

Don in Japan posted this a couple years back which I have seen before. It is very useful and I did narrow mine down to within a couple years.

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showth...arry-amp-Every-Factory-Production-Codes-(VIN)

I'm beginning to think I must be backwards on round lights versus rectangular. I thought rectangular came first and then the round. Must be the other way around?

Although I'm getting closer with my serial number to the production date, I'm getting farther away from the year of the truck that was given at the time of the sale and the one shown on the registration.

I'm not sure if I should be happy about that or not.