1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATV tire upgrade 2013 Suzuki

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by rugerman, Apr 8, 2014.

1. rugerman

rugerman Member

I am planning on a new 2013 Suzuki and I am curious how to size wheels without the truck in front of me. I see all kinds of deals out there in all kinds of sizes. I come from the ATV world so I am totally green on this but really excited to learn. I see some stuff on Ebay to dealers to Minitruck dealers. Looking for something in the standard size that I could Slap some Kenda Bearclaws on If possible.

Thanks in advance

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Generally a 12x7 atv wheel with about a 4-5 inch backspace and a 23 x 8 x 12 tire will fit without a lift. You should wait till its in front of you and do some measuring just to be sure.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

On a side note. Your truck probably has a 4x100mm metric bolt pattern. Most atv wheels have an sae pattern. 4 on 4 inch is the closest to fit a 100mm pattern. Few milimeters difference. It's not ideal but it does work. Also most atv wheels are light duty and only rated to 2-400lbs. My personal opinion is to use it as of road only.

4. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

With the 2013 Suzuki we put a 2 inch liftd on the truck but often it will be lifted with one of our 3 inch body lifts. But there are certainly some things to consider.
    Wit tires over 23 inches tall it will need more that 2 inches of lift. Of course a set of HD springs can be added which will give another 1.25 inches. So if you are considering taller than 23 inch tires I might suggest you look at a body lift to the truck. We designed and build 3" and 4" body lifts that would give yo the extra lift needed.

There is a lot to consider when putting taller and wider tires on the trucks.

The Wheels normally put on these trucks are 12 x 7 wheels with a 4/2 or a 5/3 offset. This keeps the tires under the vehicle and does not cause bump steer.

Another thought about the tires you are looking to use. We would suggest you investigate the load rating of the tires. A lot of ATV tires are not even rated enough to carry the empty truck weight. Something like the Carlisle Altrail is rated at over 1100# per tire. Just a thought there!

5. Josh7099

Josh7099 New Member

I just ordered a 2012 Suzuki from G&R and they are going to install 12x7 wheels on the truck. I had them put a 4" lift on it which will allow me to put 25x8x12 tires. I was toying with the idea of going with 26" tires but I'm not sure that they will clear the fender well with just a 4" lift. I will probably have to add a set of HD springs for that.

6. Little Jon

Little Jon Member

Hey Josh, I know this post was from over 2 years ago. I'm looking at 25"x 12 x 7 tires for my 201 Mitzibushi Bravo Van with a 3" lift.
    Did you have any problems with low or top end speed and power??
    Thanks
    Jon