1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb to EFI conversion?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Borg, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Borg

Borg Member

Anyone ever done this?

After going through emissions testing, and dealing with this funky carb, thinking nothing could be more fiddly than a Keihin FCR motorcycle carb... I think I'm about done with carburetors.

I'd love to get all the parts OEM from a newer Acty, and convert it, but need help with all the parts I would need in order to do this.

Unless someone knows the secret to tuning an Acty's carb, with stock exhaust + catalytic convertor welded in mid way down the exhaust.

My mixture screw looks to do nothing.... it took a lot of extra intake air to get this truck to pass emissions... and I mean, more on a scale of no intake noise, to loudest part on the truck is the intake sucking in air now.

I do have to say, I laugh every time I put my foot down now... that intake noise, from that tiny engine, it makes you grin big time. Might have to put an open motorcycle muffler on it now Hah.

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Two options that are some what cost effective imo,
    Have "Hite Parts" rebuild it(here in the states) or order a new factory rebuilt from Yokahama Motors in Japan.
    Cost- 350.00 + -.
    The option IMO not to be cost effective would to try and make it a EFI system.
    Cost- Most likely more than a sane person would want to spend.
    I just went down the same road on a Honda and ended up cleaning the whole fuel system from fuel tank, flushing fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pump, to a rebuilt carb, and replacing all the vacuum lines.
    Truck runs like new.

3. Borg

Borg Member

It's not really dirty to the point it's causing problems.

It just needs the right jetting and it should be good.

That's what is nice about FI, don't need to swap out jets and hope it runs right.