1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notifications

Discussion in 'News and Site Support' started by greg0187, Apr 16, 2014.

1. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I used to get email notifications whenever someone PMed me and when others would post in the threads I was subscribed to. All that stopped about a month or two ago. Do you all still get them or is it just me?

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I just logged in for the first time in a several weeks and noticed that I had an PM from I don't know when. You're right, I used to get email notifications.

3. greg0187

Cool. I guess. .. I thought I might of been going crazy.

4. greg0187

Nothing but crickets chirping here. What do we have to do to shake things up a bit? My general feeling is minitruck interest is dying. SMH

5. thiercito

thiercito New Member

This site is dead, I've uploaded pica and comments but nothing from users. Also the MiniTruckCentral.com site is down/suspended. This community is lacking people that care. I've joined many other forums, and eveyone is more engaged. Greg0187 maybe the torcĂ­ has been pass down to you, to get something going.

6. greg0187

I hear ya. After being here the last 7 years its just gone down hill for the past 3. This place was rocking. Now we get 5 posts a day average. I really think it started when the epa started to eat at importers pocket book, driving prices up. The yen is at an 5 year low. These trucks should be rolling in. I don't think there is much that can be done.

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

There just aren't any trucks on the market lately except for total junkers and when you tie that in with the waaaay over priced parts it kills any enthusiasm.I still get tons of comments and interest when I take my truck to town but when they ask "where can I get one" I can't tell them.

8. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

There's plenty of guest looking at the site but It appears they are from other countries or something by the look of their names.
    This past deer season our sales were off. In the yrs. past we run around 12 to 14 trucks from July to Dec. I think we had 8 out this past deer season. We average 1 truck a month the rest of the yr. Once in a blue moon we will have a pair go to a manufacture plant or energy plant ect.
    Yes, factor in the extra price for epa certificates(that weeded out a bunch of importers including me) and only buying from the few importers these days we have cut back on our inventory because of prices. 1/2 of our trucks now come off the street from individuals.
    I used to sale a 97 Daihatsu for 4700 with lift and 6 ply mud grips these days they are 5700 with stock street tires. But as long as I can get them and make a profit I'll be in the mini truck business because at our Yamaha Dealership the "Rhino" now the New "Viking" is running 11500.00 and you still cant beat a mini truck at price. I can have a Viking on the demo program but I chose a mini trk. because I can do more with it.
    What is my personal off road vehicle currently a Suzuki DD51.
    Hopefully as the economy improves so will sales and I didnt say this but we might be getting a new importer in the states in time.
    I for one will do my best to continue to grow the market for mini trucks.
    Bottom line, anyone thats had a good one believes in them as much as I do.

9. greg0187

Since we are coming out of the thaw hopefully we will start seeing some more traffic! I was really hoping the parts supply would be further along than it is. I think its the most contributing factor that sales aren't as good as they should be. I understand that parts can be obtained but it takes a bit of work to track them down sometimes.

10. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Not long ago I was hunting down a Honda carb. I called all my contacts here in the states and nothing. Some still dont answer the phone, its the leave me a message thing. I hate that. Anyway I sent Yokohama Motors a message and BAAAM, I had a carb. in four days. The thing about getting parts from Japan is they will have what ever you need. Like I mentioned in another post I'll call about two parts suppliers here and thats it,(screw it) I call Japan.
    Now I will apologized if I offended anyone, But it is what it is.
    On another note if and when I order parts from my good parts people in Canada I have always had good service, they answer the phone and they dont act like they are doing you a favor..
    Thanks Jeremy and Todd.

11. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I agree, use to be the place and then all the legal issues just put a top to people even wanting to mess with the trucks...which is really a sad thing. Back in Oklahoma everyone wanted one and the next thing you know everyone had one, it was pretty cool, then after a few years they started to disappear and you really don't hear much about them.

Really sucks!