1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's My New Used Ride Foe Now

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by TRAX and HORNS, May 7, 2014.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I picked this up from a widow. Wasnt real crazy when I got my eyeballs on it but the end result was pretty surprising. Been sitting for a long time. By the location of truck this guy was a happening bizzy bee. Nice little shop, all kinds of neat stuff and tools laying around.
    Seat belt said 91, when I first saw it I was thinking 90 or earlier. Anyway it is a DB51T. maker lts. on side of cab indicates this.
    5 speed with 2H-4H with extra low 1st gear and the 660cc engine.
    Loaded it up and its been sitting at the shop for over a year now. Finally decided to start messing with it.
    Complete service, fuel tank, fuel system, new battery, removed the 4" lift, install 1 3/4" lift, change out cv boots, grease front wheel bearings,
    pump 2 cups of sea foam into carb. from fuel line @ gas tank(let sea foam sit while doing other things).
    After all this pumped the gas pedal a few times & turned the key to start and it fired right up. Ian bout past out, He said no way that thing is running. Ran it for a while giving it sea foam directly and in fuel tank and this puppy runs pretty dang good. It does have a little bog to it right above idle but getting better all the time.
    The guy added a neat roll bar/lights and welded it to the bed sides so you cant make a flat bed anymore but thats ok.
    Here's to cool thing, while up on the rack running, trans. in neutral both rear tires are turning. So when you grab one the other continues to turn until you grab it and stop it. Ok, I did that. Then I put it in 1st gear rear tires have power right, so if you grab one tire it will stop and the other continues to turn(most of the time). Well, I just about broke my freaking arm. Ass end must have a locker or welded up. Posi track:pop:
    Yep, when in 2x4 or 4x4 rear end is locked up. The more I mess with this truck the better I like it. Might have to add a few more things and keep it around.
    Most likely by looking at this guys shop he welded up the rear end, built the rear bumper, added roll bar and the aluminum wheels.
    Ill have to do something with the paint, maybe a desert sand.
    One other point by the looks of interior, rubber on clutch/brake pedals and general condition the 57000kms (35000 miles) on clock is right.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. hatch

hatch Member

wow, thats cool, if you dont mind me asking, how much you have to give for it? I've become a hoarder with these little trucks, I personally own three now and my latest purchase came with a friend when I found three in a warehouse and we bought them all three. A 92 suzuki (which is one i kept) 92 subaru (which we plan to sell) and a 99 suzuki. I now have two 92's and one like yours. I dont need them all and thinking about parting out the older db51t.

Just curious to see as to whether I'm paying to much for these things. Thanks in advance.

you can pm me if you dont want to share publicly.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Typically I would give around 2500 knowing it would need some TLC but the lady had recently lost her husban
    And I new it would turn a profit after having a well rounded service.
    The miles were certainly right so I offered 3 for it and loaded it up.
    I've taken to the ranch a few times and as with anything with the rear locker it will go anywhere
    I want to take it. My better half helped sand it and paint so she thinks it's hers now.
    Most likely I'll piddle with it and sale it after next hunting season.