1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S83p build status

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by cdover73, May 21, 2014.

1. cdover73

cdover73 Member

Good news! All I have left to do is repack the left inner cv and put a new boot on, paint the truck (going with bedliner black all over with a 6" band of camo wrap along the middle), put my new 23x8-12 Grim Reaper tires and STI rims on it, install my new Clarion FZ150 radio and 4" Boss speakers, and, and,...I think that's it!! At least for now. Well okay, I might add some lights to the headache rack. And, maybe build a hunting platform and seats for the bed. And, install the winch from my retired four wheeler...:sly:

It's been a long two weeks getting this thing going again! And the reality is, just like my dozer, I NEVER wanted to know this much about these dang things!!!:frustration: I have literally been over every component of the truck. EVERY component! There is nothing I have not touched on it. Now all I can say is "My name is Carey and I'm a mini truck addict. It's been over two weeks since I was clean".:eek:

Hope to have some before and after pics by the end of next week. I have not documented each step so it will be the day I brought it home vs now.

cdover73

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

It's nice to have another addict in the fold! You've accomplished a lot in a short time and all that touchy feely stuff all over the truck will serve you well. Anxious to see the pics.

3. cdover73

cdover73 Member

Some new pics. Waiting for stores to open tomorrow so I can get 3 or 4 more cans of bedliner spray. I wanted to go with the camo strip through middle but cannot for the life of me find any. I either find "tape" that has that cloth feel to it or full size sheets for outrageous prices. So I decided to go all black for now. Tires should be here in a day or two. I will post the final pics once I'm done.

Attached Files:

4. cdover73

cdover73 Member

Btw, if anybody has any advice for mounting that bumper other than using sheet metal screws across the front of the cab please chime in! I hate the way they done this. I thought about fabbing some stand off pieces with rubber bumpers, or cutting the upper tubes off and just attaching underneath. I would have to fab something better for that since there is not much choice for attaching. It is an all aluminum bumper and very lightweight. I want to mount my winch as well, but don't think the attach points would hold any amount of pull, much less the "redneck" mount across the front... Gotta be a better way.

5. kegoangoango

kegoangoango Member

I used the tow hook locations to mount the grille guard and winch mount I built. Could you use the same mounts? If the weight isn't too much, it might work. You can fab up something for the mount.

6. cdover73

cdover73 Member

It already connects to the stabilizer mounts underneath. I was talking about across the front of the cab. But I ended drilling all the way through and putting bolts with nuts through it. Came out okay. Definitely better than the sheet metal screws they had holding it before.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014