1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/C or Aftermarket A/C

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by WestEndAngler, Jun 21, 2014.

1. WestEndAngler

WestEndAngler Member

Has anyone explored adding an air conditioner into their Carry? I seem to recall someone attempting it. I either want to use a stock system or just buy a complete after market system and install it. Who has gone down this road?

2. shightower

shightower New Member

I'm very interested also. I hope someone knows something.

3. WestEndAngler

WestEndAngler Member

I am exploring another route right now. I'll report back but it's not cheap. However, it is cheaper than sourcing out all the original parts from overseas or the parts distributors. Another option is to sell my rig and buy one with A/C... Seems that's what most are suggesting I do and perhaps the cheaper alternative. I'm somewhat attached to my rig so I'm not wanting to sell but I'd like to be able to enjoy riding in a little bit of comfort. The summer here in Texas lasts well into November sometimes lol.

4. SOOTLIFE

SOOTLIFE New Member

any news on the A/C. I am in Fl, enough said

5. ERINSON DURAN

ERINSON DURAN Member

Did you get the ac on the mini truck?

6. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Don't know if they are still in business, you will have to search. The name is/was Antique Air or something close to that. They specialized in small add-on AC & heaters for older cars and hot rods. Some of the units they offered were very compact to fit in the older vehicle bodies.

Fred

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  7. ed nap

ed nap Member

I believe the company you are thinking about is called "Vintage Air".

fmartin_gila likes this.