1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wondering what my 94 LHD 2wd Hijet truck is worth

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by edd, Jun 27, 2014.

1. edd

edd New Member

Hello all. New to the site and new to these little trucks. I recently Purchased a 94 Hi jet pickup Tag says S80LP. Left hand Two wheel drive. 4 speed Hi and Low speed
    Just replaced starter, tune up, water pump and am having a radiator made for it. Clean little truck. Belonged to the Stanford Sheriffs department. I am wondering what this thing is worth if I decided to sell it. I am going to get it tagged for Off road use.

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I have a '93 that is in pretty nice shape and street legal out here in Calif. that I bought almost 2 yrs. ago for $3k. I put another 1k in it for a lift,wheels,tires and upholstery. I've had several people try to buy it for 5k and up but I'm not interested in selling it.If you fix it up it will bring a whole lot more than it's worth to the right person.

3. edd

edd New Member

Yes. I am debating about finishing it or letting it go as is once i put the new radiator in it. Its the jumbo cab. My jet boat just spun a bearing and the projects are getting to be too many to fast. The good thing is that it is in ready to drive shape once the radiator is installed. If there is anyone that may be interested i would let it go for 2500 bucks. Its has 23x7x10 knobby Carlisle's in the rear and 21x7x10 knobby Dunlop's in the front. Rear bumper etc... and of course its white with tan interior

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Your location ?Got any pictures? How many miles? Body condition? Operates as it should?

5. edd

edd New Member

I am in Turlock, Ca. It was purchased without a starter so i bought it on faith. Put in a new starter, waterpump, cleaned tank and added new fuel, new plugs and to my surprise it Runs good, drove it around the block and seems to scoot pretty good. Everything works, even the washer pump. Radiator was beyond repair so I have a local shop looking into making a new one View attachment 13725 View attachment 13726 View attachment 13727 View attachment 13728 View attachment 13729 View attachment 13730 View attachment 13731 Its alittle dirty in the pictures as its been sitting for about a month. The pic with the lights on top was how it was when i bought it.

6. Yeroc

Yeroc New Member

How did you get it street legal in california??

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

It was registered when I bought it and the guy said he had never had to smog it.When I went to transfer the registration to my name the DMV insisted it had to be smogged so I went through the state referee system and they said that it had been registered however number of years and never been smogged but it had to be for me to transfer it.Of course there is no way to smog it because it's not in their computer system so I found an independant registration office that told me to get a P.O. box on the reservation, which is near here and I get it that way.There is no smog required on reservations and certain counties.

Yeroc likes this.