1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun rack

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by cdover73, Jul 8, 2014.

1. cdover73

cdover73 Member

Anybody found a good solution for mounting a gun rack in their trucks? I don't see anything fitting inside without being a head banger. Behind the seats is obviously not an option. I was thinking one of those plastic gun boots they sell for atv's. I can mount a good quality waterproof one to the headache rack behind the cab, which seems like the only logical place.

We do a lot of wild hog hunting and this would come in handy if I had and good solution. It doesn't need to be readily accessible, but needs to be practical and out of the way of passing brush. Any ideas...?

Thanks,

cdover73

2. mdh71

mdh71 New Member

I mounted two gun boots in the bed of my mini right behind the cab. I mad a bracket and used the center bolt on the motor cover plate right behind the cab to mount it. I then stack the boot brackets on top of each other and mounted them to the bracket. I added a couple of aluminum blocks on each side of the the bracket for side to side support and to keep them from rocking. I have also added another support bracket on the tailgate end of the main bracket for extra support. They work great. As you can see I also mounted a tool box raised up in the bed to clear the sides, so I can still let the sides down. The tool box is handy for all the extra equipment when going hunting or riding. Still have plenty of bed space for tree stands and harvested deer. View attachment 13775 View attachment 13776

3. cdover73

cdover73 Member

I couldn't open the attached pics. Can you try uploading them to the post under "manage attachments"?

4. mdh71

mdh71 New Member

Sorry! Try these.

Attached Files:

5. cdover73

cdover73 Member

Thanks! I found I could mount a shorter gun (.30/30, .22lr, .410 Handy gun, and AR-15) to the roof inside the cab. The two problems I have is I don't want to hit my head with the short head room space, and I don't want to drill holes through my roof, obviously. I was thinking of something like you have here, but may mount the case to the headache rack. Anyway, if I come up with something I will post pics of it here.

Thanks,

6. I use one of these. It claims to be water proof, but I spray it with scotchguard each season. It seems to protect 2 rifles very well and it's handy and easy to remove. I don't leave it on the truck while it's not in use.

And it easily straps to the headache rack and is adjustable so that you can still see out of your rear window.

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-75003-QuadGear-Carrier/dp/B001NHCFVQ