1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4wd transfer case issues. Help

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Blue truck, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Blue truck

Blue truck New Member

I have a 92 s83p climber model. The truck was not going into 4x4 so I put it on a lift and here is the results. 2wd high driver(rhd) wheel spins only, su diff button lights up but does not move rear locker. Push 4wd button and dash light comes on, front actuator works, transfer case actuator works and front drive shaft spins for a brief second then stops, it appears that the the actuator maybe going too far. Su diff lock still nothing. Now when I shift into low range the front driveshaft turns and the front actuator moves and the front wheels spin but I can stop both by hand, and the rear driveshaft does not move. Su diff still nothing.
    My front and mid actuators work and all my linkage is working.
    I assume something inside the t case?

Please help

2. Blue truck

Blue truck New Member

Ok so here's the update in hi gear only the rear tire pulls and in low rang only the front end pulls. All of the 4wd actuators work including su diff lock but the rear end doesn't lock up .
    I think something may be wrong or missing in the t-case.

Anybody heard of this before? Also FYI I've
    Been a member here since 2007 under a different name but my old account no longer works

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

That doesnt make sense that rear end will not pull. Better check that again. In normal operations the rear has no way of disconnecting itself weather you are in 2x4 or 4x4. My first guess id acuators are not getting a full throw. Check all vacuum lines for cracks. Take note of where vacuum lines connect to nipples on intake manifold. Often times they are cracked where rubber line fits over hard nipple.

4. Blue truck

Blue truck New Member

Yep an odd problem but its true. I called the previous owner and he stated that he may have removed something from the transfer case (a collar he called it)
    because he didn't want to spend money on replacing it. Should be an easy fix, I will probably sell this truck and pursue my subaru