1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar with hole in block

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Blue truck, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Blue truck

Blue truck New Member

I just bought an early 2000s fuel injected sambar with a hole in the block. When I bought I thought I could fix it pretty cheap but maybe not.
    It has all the bells and whistles like ac and power steering & I would really like to get it going.
    Is it feasible to spend the money on a new engine or block or would you guys recommend parting it out.

2. Blue truck

Blue truck New Member

Let me restate my question as it may have been un clear.
    I am prepared to spend the money to replace the engine, but before I do I wanted to get a little feedback.
    Are these sambars good dependable trucks? There is not much info out there about the TT2 fuel injected models!
    Any feedback will be helpful!!

3. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Any idea if this is a "EN07" engine?

If you bought the truck worth the money, I believe I'd put a used engine in it. It may be hard to part it out and get your $$$ back.

4. Inane2

Inane2 Member

5. Blue truck

Blue truck New Member

It's an en07 engine. I bought one from gr imports.
    I have no experience with the sambar but hopefully I will like it.

6. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Good deal! I've dealt with G&R once before and they treated me great.

I've never dealt with a Sambar but hear plenty of good about them. The forum here doesn't have many fuel injected Sambar owner's so I'm sure your insight will be valuable.

Best of luck on your motor swap. Keep us posted (with pics if possible). :pop:

7. Blue truck

Blue truck New Member

Engine should arrive today so hopefully I will have it together soon.
    I only gave $500.00 for the truck, its a 2001 or 2002 model, it has EFI, A/C, power steering, new tires, snorkel and a radio with navigation and not a dent anywhere.
    When its all said and done I will have about $2,700.00 in it.
    Hope to have her on the road this weekend!!