1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1985 Suzuki Carry New truck owner don't know much about them

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry References' started by Jsshunter64, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Jsshunter64

Jsshunter64 New Member

image.jpg 1985 Suzuki Carry 4x4 with about 58,000 miles on it.
    I got a 3" lift when I bought the truck but not sure if it is a good one or not. Not sure if it will hurt front end or cause tires to tow in. I want to buy new rims and tires but not sure what to buy. Truck is street legal but I want to plow with it and go off road. So I want an all terrain tire. Not sure what size I should buy with 3" lift. I am also looking for recommendations on a new plow that will have full controls and mount easily to truck.
    HELP!!:(

2. Jsshunter64

Jsshunter64 New Member

Also not sure how to know the exact model.

3. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

I believe most the tree inch lifts with mess with the front end but u can drop the front an inch and a half or so and fix that issue. 25 inch tires should fit the wider the type tire the bigger chance of rubbing when u turn. Please wait for others on that one cuz I've been away from the forum for over a year so my memory might be off. Plows are a big game depends on how much ur willing to spend to which way u go.

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Look on top of the fender well inside the door on the drivers side it will be stamped with some thing like DB51TXXXXX . You will need that if you need to order parts.

5. Jsshunter64

Jsshunter64 New Member

Can I use a 25x10x14 tire with the 3" lift?

6. I have 25x10x12 all around with 2.5lift, but the owner before me trimmed the fenders so no rub. You could make it work.

7. Jsshunter64

Jsshunter64 New Member

I would rather not trim the fenders if possible. What it be better to use a 9 inch wide tire? Also would anyone know what the offset is on the rim that would work best?