1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 Daihatsu HiJet Progress/Mods

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by 800tundra, Aug 31, 2014.

1. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Just picked this little unit up couple of weeks ago. The factory Radio had zero reception so it had to go. Installed Clarion CD player which screwed right into the factory brackets and 4 inch speakers screwed into factory hoes in doors all in all pretty easy install . image.jpg

2. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Speakers Installed

Attached Files:

3. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Built a rear receiver for the mini.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Nice! I found it pretty simple with mine as well.

5. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

My vision Buckshot 23 by 7 rims showed up this week still waiting on 2- 23 by 8 by 12 carlisle All trails

Attached Files:

6. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Ordered heavier Springs supposed to be 250lbs springs. Will have to pull mine out first and measure to see if they are actually heavier duty I think

Attached Files:

7. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Bought water pump and timing belt and tensioner also as truck has 100000kms on it so will give me piece of mind. Going to start front reciever mount hopefully in next couple of weeks when I have time off work to mount winch also

Attached Files:

8. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

When Springs are out I think I will install some peel and seal on inside of truck to quiet things up. I have used this previously on a boogie van and made a big difference. I have used Dynamat before but found it to pricey

Attached Files:

9. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Nice work. Definitely a new radio is on my short list of things to do next.

10. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Well, got the winch all wired up and installed front spring. These are the 250lb springs. Measured truck before and after install for ride height while sitting. Zero change . Took it for a drive and no better, worse if anything and I still have to build front mounts and reciever and install Blackline H4F plow which is the full hydraulic (Heavy version). Bummed out. I believe stock springs are progressive and these ones aren't. not sure what to do now, Don't want to purchase another set of springs and guess.

11. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

All the Winch wiring ran waiting for winch to be mounted
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  12. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Had a little break from workin on the Hijet as I have been hauling wood and all sorts of other items around with it. image.jpg

13. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Winch wired and all functional. Front of frame stiffened up and braced. Skid plate installed image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

14. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Awesome job. That looks like pretty much the same winch I put on mine but your install is much cleaner! And a skid plate is something I probably really ought to do.

15. Do you have a model number for this radio? My brother just picked up a Hi Jet and it still has the factory radio.

16. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Will have a look tomorrow as i said it sas a direct fit lucked out and was the cheapest one they had. The holes in the side of radio bracket lined up perfect and no cutting. Fyi .This is also on a 1999 so i think body/ interior style is little different than older models

17. Thanks. His is a 2008 model, but I think the radio will fit the same as yours.

18. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Clarion CZ 102

19. Thanks! I'll check it out.

20. 800tundra

800tundra New Member

Blackline 72" Plow installed

Attached Files:

21. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Not intending to hijack at all but wanted to share my thread of a radio install with CompleteLawnCare:

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?10806-2001-S210P-radio-install-(part-1)

Your brother's truck is a S211P but should still accept a full double din radio if he finds one. My radio was just a half double din, double din at the face and single din in the body of the radio.

This post also has a wiring diagram I made but as Dynobob mentioned, a Toyota jumper harness works as well.

800tundra, keep on with the mods and keep sharing pics! Thanks!