1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb question, but..

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by eternal, Oct 6, 2014.

1. eternal

eternal New Member

Hi guys, my first post here. Kind of excited, ordered my 'Zuki Carry last week. Thanks to the current typhoon, haven't received word when it should arrive yet. However, I am wondering if anyone has transported their mini truck in the back of a shortbox 3/4 ton. I have diesel Dodge that could carry the little brute fine but I am trying to decide if I should take the trailer or not. Got 1100 kms to go (720 miles) to pick it up, still cheaper for me to do that than get it shipped.

Opinions? Experience?

Thanks.

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Single axle trailer would be my first choice. truck will be about 10 1/2 ft long, 4 1/2 ft wide, 5 1/2ft tall,
    wt 1450 +-. If its a 1999 or new add a couple of inches.

3. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I haul my 94 carry in the bed of a chevy 2500 LONG box. The problem with that is that when pulled in nose first the rear wheels sit on the tailgate hinge. If backed in............ front wheels are about where the gate straps are. Bad way to go. Too much weight on the tailgate. The only way id haul mine is nose in with 2x10x10 under the wheels to help spread the weight. I also have to remove my wheels and put the stock tires and rims on. Still fun going over the wheel wells. Unless your an experienced heavy equipment operator thats run equipment on anything but stable flat ground........... its a enough to knot up your stomach hahaha. Bring the trailer bud!!! Gettiing the mini IN the bed is the easy part. Finding a spot to get it out safely is another story all together hahaha

4. eternal

eternal New Member

Thanks guys. I kind of figured the trailer was the best way to go, just wanted confirmation. Now I just have to wait for the ship to come in.

Appreciate the feedback.

5. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

I think were all waiting for our ships to come in!!!!!! Hahahaha

6. eternal

eternal New Member

A friend of mine has a car trailer behind his office, said I could borrow it anytime. WAAAAY better than the trailer I had originally lined up. Lower deck, ramps, trailer brakes, etc. I think I'm set, just waiting to hear the 'zuki has been loaded on the ship now.

7. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Hauled mine with a half ton truck and a 6.5' x 14' single axle trailer. The trailer is 14' long but the last 2' is a dove tail. Trailer had a 30" ramp gate. Terry's measurements are right on the money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Looks good bud!!!!!! First thing I would do............. Flush the tank and fuel system as well as pull the coolant lines off the carb and clean all that out. If ya do it now, ya won't be stuck trying to figure out what happened later

9. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Hey Moose, I bought my 96 carry a few months ago from Japan. of coarse the back bumper was a easy fabrication. the front I could use some tips if you have any. I'm sure I'll be able to make one but thought I'd ask you anyway.
    Tony

10. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

No problem. I think I documented my build pretty well in one of the threads I started here in the group. I'll look for it in a bit