1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb over reving in cold temperature ?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by maxedoutinAK, Oct 9, 2014.

1. maxedoutinAK

maxedoutinAK New Member

93 suzuki carry. This little truck has run like a gem. but when the temperature get below 35 degrees the carb over revs and doesnt return. has anyone else had this problem? any advice before i go down the rabbit hole?

2. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Dude, really?

Unplug the rad-fan cannon-plug, then get yourself some protape; keep the heat generated from the engine in the lines,

Clean...@

Dirty...@

;)

3. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

It never idles down? ................. mine seems to run better at 35 or colder. .......... but ices up at 20 below hahaha

4. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Nice to see ya back spaner

5. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Where am I??

Where is this place..:confused:

I am confused, is this where I sign up for my new cable package profile..:sly:

I want TSN, and the movie-time thing'y...

:p

6. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Hahahahahahaha

7. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

One thing we see a lot in these trucks is the two coolant lines that feed/preheat carb. get stopped up. Might pull them off and blow through them. The majority of these trucks have seen this time and time again. It will effect your cold engine idle.
    The crap ive seen come out of the lines is almost a puddy substance. Its old stale clap up antifreeze.

8. maxedoutinAK

maxedoutinAK New Member

Sorry for the short initial post with out much description, i was on my ipad trying to get some quick feed back. Trax and Horns - THank you for the advice on the coolant lines to the carb. When i changed out the coolant i loked at removing these lines from the carb and they looked like a real mother to get off. I will try this and see how it goes. Spaner - i do like the idea of unplugging the rad fan since i have a full peice of cardboard blocking it full time anyway since im a way north minitrucker - i just worry since its the wifes daily driver that she might forget the fans unplugged and burn it up!. I do like the idea of keeping more heat in the carb area of the motor with some baffling or something like that. I have noticed while going throught carb tuning specs that my ACC idle up does not seem to work as described by idleing up when lights come on. Not that i think this has any relation to the above issues i was wondering if a carb rebuild would fix something like that or if its one of those things to leave alone since its really doenst bother anything.

Happy to report that the Ol mini Brut has 127000km and is still running like a top!
    cheers
    Max
    Nome, AK

9. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

If it doesn't idle up when ya turn the lights on, you might have a vacuum leak or the vacuum lines may have inadvertently been switched on the timed vacuum port