1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sambar supercharged w/automatic transmission, December 1993 production

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by PrairieRenegade, Oct 10, 2014.

1. PrairieRenegade

PrairieRenegade New Member

I have a 1994 Subaru Sambar, bought as a project, but won't be right for my use in the end.

Motor and accessories were out of the truck, previous owner tells me it was a runner, but had a bottom end knock and it was disassembled for repair, and then he lost interest when the shop he was working with gave him an estimate. Appears to have lots of potential for someone who is smart with these trucks and handy to avoid the repari shop rates.

My only reason for shying away from it is that I intend to use a truck for off road use, and lifting a Subaru for tires or tracks I am not told is difficult or at least costly. The automatic transmission, although first I thought it would be a key feature to my use, turns out to be a downfall for my need where low speed lugging and pulling might be the norm.

The truck is in good shape, all glass is complete, missing one headlight and one tail-light. All major components appear to be with the truck after my initial inventory. Everything needs a good clean-up and to be itemized properly to evaluate the extent of the rebuild process.

I will not part out the truck, if you want a portion of it, please do not hassle me with the standard "will you sell this, and that for this much?" type of questions. I will sell it as-is where is, and help to package the parts up and get it to you in one piece however we determine is best.