1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coolant problems

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Jakester, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Jakester

Jakester Member

Lost a coolant line on my '95 ACTY. It came apart by the spare tire and pumped all the fluid out. I got it fixed but I can't get coolant to circulate. The bleeders on the lines under the truck are useless because of corrosion so I am working with the ones on top of the engine. After getting up to temp all I get is steam and no coolant coming out and the truck overheats. This has happened once before but I was able to get the air out using the engine bleeders. I have left the radiator cap off and on but to no avail-still won't circulate. Any ideas?

2. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Maybe you can go to your heater core, since its a high point in the system, loosen one of the hoses a bit and see if air comes out. Im not familiar with your mini or how its set up........... but........... maybe you could buy one of those flush kits from a parts store that go in the heater hose. Basically its a plastic "T" that has a garden hose fitting. But...........if ya put that in clise to the water pump, that might help.

If your bleeders are corroded and wont move.......... try some croil or transmission fluid on them. The tranny fluid works great. Just gotta let it soak for a day or two.
    Since your dealing with an air lock........... maybe loosening a temp sensor will help bleed the system.
    Basically. ............. if theirs a spot up top of the engine that has coolant and anything that if removed or loosened will cause coolant to leak........... those are the places id try. Good luck

3. packrat

packrat Member

lift the front end up a couple feet and try to fill it again. Start it up and see if you can get the air bubbles out with the rad cap off. Just add fluid as the air comes out

4. Jakester

Jakester Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I did lift the back so the air would go out the bleeders. I let it cool off overnight and the next day I got the air out. Heat coming out of the heater, then as I was working on it I saw a broken boot on the left rear outboard. Always something to do to it!