1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member- New Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shopteacher, Oct 19, 2014.

1. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Hi everybody,
    Just found this place and really like the info and the members who's post I've read. I received my 98 hi jet last night and really excited to try her out, but wanted to check all the fluid levels as the sellers said some fluids were drained for shipping. Shipped from LA to PA, long ride for her. My problem I don't know where the ports are for checking tranny fluid, transfer case, rear end or as of yet even the oil. I was trying to find a free owners manual or better yet a service manual but every link I try nothing comes up. Any suggestions? Hope to be able to contribute to the forum as I think these sites are the best thing that ever happened for the home mechanic.
    Thanks and have a great day ( while I try and figure where the dip stick is:frustration:).

2. Daner

Daner Member

Welcome to the forum!

I think the dipstick will be under the passenger seat. The other stuff you just need to get under there and look. I just take out plugs until I find one that looks right. If you use the search function on the site you should find old threads about tech manuals but if I remember right they are all in Japanese. The search function is your best friend.

3. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Thanks Daner,
    I found the eng. oil and radiator cap under the drivers seat ( right side model) and the transmission filler at the rear of the tranny, at least that where I hope it is cause that where I put in about 1/2 quart of syn gear oil. I haven't checked the rear end so will still have to explore a little more till I find them. She seems to run like a champ although I haven't had time to travel other than up and down the driveway.
    Thanks again.

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

LULU Publication should have the manuals for your truck. Author is James Danko.
    Also look on ebay under Daiahatsu Mini Trucks. Often there are manuals for sale. There are a few mini trk. parts suppliers that sale them.
    There used be two different manuals, a 39.95 and a 89.99 + -. Dont waste your time with the cheaper one, its junk.
    Then again most of your questions can be answered and found right here.

5. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Thanks. I appreciate the info and would like a manual for quick reference and pictures. I'll check out your suggestions.

6. ozarkman

ozarkman Member

@shopteacher, here is a link to complete service manuals for Daihatsu engines in English — http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk/manuals-downloads/
    You'll need to know which engine you have to select the correct manual. I'm still waiting for "my" truck to arrive from Japan, so I'm here to learn and find out who's who.

7. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Transfer case will have two plugs, each will have a relatively big head on them. One about mid ways up and in line with the driveshaft for the fill and one near the bottom for for drain. These will be close to one another and on the rear face of the case itself and will be to the left of the driveshaft itself, looking at the case from the rear.

For the rear differential, the fill plug is on the rear of the axle housing in the bulge where the ring gear pokes out. About mid ways up. The drain will be on the bottom of the axle housing and will be inside a round metal lip. This lip protects the drain plug.

For both of these, fill them until the oil runs back out. Let your oil settle and plug them back up.

8. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Thanks for the info. I need to go over and check everything for winter. Won't be long now:(

9. F07T

F07T New Member

Before you attain the desired results your teeth little move by little. If Invisalign sounds like an attractive alternative for you personally, Midtown Dental in Sacramento can provide you seem advice and provide you this interesting and fresh treatment as a substitute to metal brackets.

Here is my weblog: braces cost sacramento; goodreads.com,

10. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

4 wheel drive buttons

I don't think my hijet needs teeth alignment, maybe a wheel alignment. ;)
    Anyone know how or what manner the 4 wheel drive button on the dash operate? I have one on the upper left of the dash (rt side drive) that lights and shows the 4 wheel drive train and another lower right of dash that also shows a 4 wheel drive train. Then between the seat, behind the emergency brake, is a lever that pulls up, I think it's the locking differential. Sure would be nice to have a owners or shop manual for a 110 model.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  11. timmn

timmn New Member

hi i have a 1997 110 hijet lever by parking brake on mine is low 4x4 pull up to put into 4 low middle is neutral down is high 2 wheel button on dash will but into 4 high

12. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Thanks for the info timmn and your right the lever by the brake works like you said high-netural-low. Do you have 2 buttons on the dash for the 4 wheel drive?

13. TRAX and HORNS

The button on the dash will get you 4x4 high, the lever between seats will give you 4x4 low, the light inside the dash(green lt.) shows that 4x4 is engaged. If you have the option of rear diff. lock(rear posi track) there will be a switch by your right knee that lights up(yellow) when engaged if its in the up position. You rear diff. lock only works in 1st and reverse and works in 2x4 or 4x4. As soon as you shift out of 1 or reverse the light will go off and that means its not in diff. lock anymore. Shift back to 1 or reverse and its engaged again, yellow lt. lights up. I suppose they do it that way because they dont want you going fast and turning, preventing a twisted axle.

14. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Thanks
    I probably never would have figured out that combination. This really gives me an idea of how it works. So the dash button puts it in 4 wheel dr ( light in inst. panel lights), the lever between the seats switches it from low to high 4 wheel and the switch on the right engages diff lock in 1st & rev.
    Is that right?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  15. TRAX and HORNS

Correct, you got it.

16. LRohde

LRohde Guest

Frying pans are usually used to saute, pan-fry sear or foods. Development

Here is my page :: electric frying pans for sale (see this website)