1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another CARB Problem? Newbie help please!!

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by 660LVPE, Oct 25, 2014.

1. 660LVPE

660LVPE New Member

Hi there, i have read pretty much all of the threads concerning the carburettor problems but nothing seems to apply to mine.

So I have a 1993 Suzuki Carry (round headlights), at cold temperature (5 deg Celsius), engine cold: the engine has trouble idling properly and when i accelerate (mid-range), it bugs a little like no power and when i floor it, it's better.
    at cold temp (5 deg Celsius) engine warm: the idle is OK, but mid-range is still slow... like there's a lag before i can feel an acceleration.
    At night, headlights on, engine warm, idle is rough.

I have put a can of seafom in the fuel tank, and seafoamed the carb also. Didn't do much to be honest. Vacuum lines seems to be fine... I have the feeling that i run poor, and with the winter coming in few weeks, i really don't want to burn the engine.

Is it possible that my choke is broken? I must admit I don't know much about carburettors. Any help appreciated.:confused:

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

With these things the #1 problem is vacuum lines,just because they"seem ok" doesn't mean they are ok.As often as not it will be several real small leaks from aged and hardened lines rather than one big obvious leak.If you don't know for sure they have been replaced with the correct sized lines then replace them. I have had better luck with silicone tubing in 3mm size than anything else.It is small enough for the small fittings and easily stretches for the larger ones.Some guys heat shrink them,do what you want but replace them before messing with the choke or carb. You can't trouble shoot carb or fuel problems with leaky vac. lines.

3. 660LVPE

660LVPE New Member

Ok thanks.. I'll start by the vacuum lines then just to be sure...

4. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Ok...sounds like this is next on my to-do list too.

When you say "3mm silicone tubing" is that ID, or wall thickness? I have a hobby shop nearby that would have a wide variety of clear silicone tubing that should work as well as several auto parts supply shops with the black stuff (I keep thinking of washer fluid lines every time I see it).

Thoughts / comments?

5. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

The 3mm is i.d. Be careful with other than silicone tubing because the other stuff is not as flexible and may not fit tightly.Some guys have made it work by using a heat gun and shrinking it to fit.

6. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

Hi Jim....Sounds great....I can find 3 mm ID tubing (well, 1/8" = 3.1 mm) at the local hobby shop....glow fuel tubing. Silicone, not Tygon or anything of that sort...should work?

7. Psycho Mike

Psycho Mike Member

It's okay....found some 3mm / 1/8" ID vac / fuel line at the local motorsports shop instead...made for the job :)